What is your idea of a guy texting too much? Is it every week or everyday? Do you prefer a guy to text you once in a while just to stay in touch?

Once in a while meaning once in two months.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess too much would be if the texts get boring and he just spams emojis or something. I don't mind daily texts. If he is interested in me, he should keep communicating. I mean, if he's busy and can't that is totally understandable. But if days go by and all he did was lay in bed... then it seems he isn't interested and I move on.

What Girls Said 9

• Too much is when it's every day, multiple times without me even getting a chance to respond. Just a quick hey how are you each day isn't bad, it's when he's constantly expecting you to have full blown conversations at all hours of the day. I also hate it when a guy texts me and I don't answer right away so he thinks if he texts me 20 more times I'll eventually answer, then has the nerve to get pissed that I was at work or too busy to answer.

Le sigh.

• I think texting once every other day is plenty. By all means text me if something funny's happened or there's a story you really want to tell... but I don't get the whole idea of texting for the sake of staying in touch when you haven't really got anything to say. I don't mind if someone texts me, say, once a month. Once every two months and I start to wonder what's going on in your life, lol.

• I feel like every single minute of every day is too much but if a guy texts me everyday but a couple of responses that day thats a good amount or maybe even every couple of days but if i really like this guy, he could text me as much as he wants and i would be fine with it

• It depends on how close you are with your girl.

• she's a good female friend of mine. Whom I've worked with at the University zoology lab for more than a year. Although we never text every week I do text her once in a while and she usually respond. We've hung out for coffee and lunch and we had a good time talking, laughing and we became quite close- we give each other full frontal hugs. But since the starting of this semester since we're not doing the same units anymore. We're not seeing each other anymore. Also, she has a boyfriend from the very beginning. After three weeks, I text how she was and I was joking about busy bees because I call her busy bee but she did not respond at all. So I don't whether I should contact her again. I'm confused because we agreed to stay in touch.

• I only consider it too much when the conversation is boring , monotone and forced.

• I'd rather hear from him more often, just to stay in touch.

• I don't know, anything works but I love to see the face of the texter once in a while :D

• At least once a week because I almost broke up with my boyfriend because he didn't text me in a month I thought he was cheating on me so be safe and text often

• if I'm into him and I feel he's into me, I think it should be everyday, with a balance of initiating on both party's sides.