How do you get to know someone when they barely text?

I met this guy after talking to him online for 2 wks. He seems nice and is very shy. Now I have noticed that he texts me when he wants to meet up or when we have plans, but through out the week he barely texts or calls. I brought this to his attention and he basically said that he is not a big texter. He prefers to text only to confirm plans etc. This is so hard for me because I am used to a man texting back and forth. What should I do? He seems to be nice and I am not getting any bad vibes and i know we are not official or anything, but I kinda want to get to know him, and it's hard when we dont see each other. Opinions? THanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• For countless thousands of generations of humans, we got along fine without texting. We did this thing called talking. Then, about 140 years ago, we got this thing called a telephone so we could still talk to people far away. Of course, about 200 years ago, we got this thing called a telegraph which was the first "texting", but very few people did it and it wasn't cheap. About 45 years, we got the Internet and could email - another form of texting, but it was like letter writing which people did a lot of back then.

Sp, my advice to you is to TALK to him. If you are near him physically, you got up to him and TALK. If you aren't near him, use your phone for its original purpose which is TALKING. So much more can be accomplished - and more quickly and cheaply at that - by talking. When you talk face to face - that's free! When you talk on the phone, it doesn't affect your messaging charges or your data plan! This talking - it's an amazing invention that humans are born to do! God gave us the ability to talk not text because we didn't need to text. Instead, we fucked that up and invented texting which does little good except cause car accidents which get people killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG_v-n7CfRM

Stop texting, start talkiing. Your relationship will thank you for it as will other people on the road.

• *applauses*

I came here to say basically this, but you did it better...

What Guys Said 3

• You make plans, and then you talk to him in person. Texting is overrated and I'd much rather talk to a potential love interest in person versus sending messages to them constantly.

• Remember when people actually talked to each other? Those were good times.

• More calls less texts

What Girls Said 1

• Make plans to see each other more. He basically just told you that texting is a no go. Honestly using text to get to know someone is the best way to go about it anyways. Do you want to be with a phone or a person. If person, go see him.