Did my boyfriend have any right to say this?

He's drunk if that counts, but we were texting and he said "I have 3 redheads" and I got really offended and told him to knock it off then he said "I can't help it if red hair is my krypotnite" that's when I told him I'm offended and feel like I don't live up to his expectations. I understand we all are attracted to certain types of people and attributes but talking about it to your SO is wrong my ex boyfriend really messed me up because he used to talk about other women all the time.. so basically am I dumb to feel upset with him? he never texted me back and I'm sure he ignored me then passed out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a girlfriend who used to say similar things. Needless to say, it ended between us. In retrospect, I can see that a future with her would have been no future at all. You deserve someone who appreciates you, not someone who antagonizes your feelings. If things don't go well between you two, it would be to your benefit.

• This is the first time he's been this disrespectful and I don't want to be the girlfriend who makes excuses for her douchebag boyfriend but is it possible this is only a one time thing? I can't believe he would even say that. I have my own preference in men but I don't rub it in his face because I respect him.

• Thank you for your advice :)

• You're very welcome. I'm sorry you have to put up with this. I hope everything goes well.

What Guys Said 4

• Relationships where one partner does this and the other doesn't like it, doesn't end well, at all. My friend's parents got divorced like this. You should feel bery upset about this and give him a good talk. Not a "i dont want you to do this speech" but instead a "your not treating me right and im not happy about this" convo. Remember one thing though. Conversations are always better and more understandable if you are both calm. Screaming and calling names will only make things worse.

• how do you know he wasn't referring to his drinks?

• He loves red hair.. I knew what he was talking about.

• He better apologize to me tomorrow. I'm not going through another relationship like my last one. Hoping for the best.

Thank you

• no problem.

• People are idiots when they're drunk and you can't blame them for what they do or say cause they have no self control. What you can decide is whether you drink in the first place. Just tell him you hate it when he's drunk and if he upsets you again... Crack down the whip on him!

• I'd say he's not that into you

What Girls Said 2

• He has the right to say but clearly doesn't have the sense to not say it. I would be asking myself serious questions about the relationship.

• It's what I've been doing the past 2 hours. I feel like he doesn't care that I have feelings.

• That's so sucky and I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. If he doesn't respect you, I don't think a relationship can be very successful :c

• Alcohol imparies judgement