Would you date someone who just got over a big medical issue?

I met this girl, she's cute, smart, fun, and has a personality that matches very well with mine. I asked her out and we went on a really fun first date that lasted way longer than both of us planned on.

But during the date as we got to know each other, I learned that she spent most of the winter in and out of the hospital. It was pretty serious and involved some crazy surgey. Long story short, it wasn't a reoccuring disease/cancer/whateves. she's got some interesting scars, but she's "healthy" now. At least, she hasn't had problems in the last couple months.

Still, something about that is getting into my head. I'm kinda getting to the point in my life where I am thinking about marriage and family more seriously. Do I want to invest in someone who might just end up causing me heartbreak forever and then leaving me middle aged and alone?

What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• The alternative is to forget her, eventually find someone else, and if you are not happy every day for the rest of your life, you'll be wondering, "What if I had pursued that other girl?"

• I mean, who the heck is happy every day for any portion of their life? That's a tall order.

• I never said that was a realistic expectation. I'm just saying that every time you're not happy, you'll think about the one that you let get away.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I once dated a girl with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome for a long time, and I thought about the same things, y'know, would a long term relationship between us be viable... I decided on yes, and then she moved to Germany. Sucks for me.

But anyway, this is really a problem you need to answer with yourself, after some long thought. In my opinion, there's not much that the Internet can offer you.

• Ignore your feelings and just get with her she may outlive you. None of us know what is going to happen and none of us are getting out of this alive so play for now and just let fate take it's course. Don't overthink things