Family wants to "investigate" my boyfriend... help?

So I guess my sister and my family is crazy... My family is not normal. Im 19 and my boyfriend is 20. Basically my family is not normal. When I meet someone or have been dating someone they won't accept them. They have to think that something is wrng with them. Like they have a record, or they got arrested, or if they were in a "gang". Its ghetto, and ignorant. My family can't be happy for me. They have to find a way to break us up or find something wrong with them. Me and him have been together for a year, but I have known him for 3 years. Why is my family like this? I have to deal with this all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• The important question is not "why are they like that?" because you probably can't change them. The important question is what are you going to do about it?"

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I get the feeling. My parents always assume that whatever guy I bring into the house is gonna be a predator and treat all my bfs with unecessary suspicion and assume that if we're alone we're gonna fuck like animals. Which is true, but hey, only done it with one guy ever. I'm not whoring haha.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't give a crap as to what your family says to does! If you live your boyfriend then stay with him no matter what your family does...

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

What Girls Said 0