Do boyfriends get tired of a girl with some problems?

All my life I've been the fun - happy girl but lately I've been dealing with a deep depression problem. I went to a shrink and she told me I should have a friend to rely on and talk about my problems and what's bothering me. My boyfriend is my best friend but I'm afraid that if he knows about this deep depression, maybe it'd be too much for him, or are boyfriends supposed to be the perps. We rely on? Help us when we are crap? I'm just afraid he'll get tired of my crying and stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• You know we all go through some stuff in life. I'm generally a strong person but I've just recently gone though a tough situation. I'm okay now but I needed someone to lean on for a bit. I'm single so I had support from my parents. But if I was your boyfriend I would try and help you. I would be a shoulder to lean on and support you. Don't be afraid to let him know. We're all human. Bottling it up doesn't help. The one thing I will say is never give up. Keep on pressing through your situation. We have to try and get through things no matter how tough. If you're trying your best there should be no reason your boyfriend wouldn't support you

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is sort of his and miss with being supportive to me when I break down. If it's following a fight, he's being unreasonable and I cry or say something after he makes a rude remark, he'll often being up my being 'exhausting', or will say that I can 'keep crying, it's not going to change a thing'.

After things like that happen, he usually comes around within half an hour and apologizes. admitting to acting wrongly. There are also good times. When I'm down for whatever reason and he's the sweetest guy.

Good boyfriends should generally try their best to be there to provide emotional support for their girl. Same goes for girlfriends being there for their boyfriends. However, it's important that the guy not let himself be used as an emotional crutch. I know way too many couples where the girl treats the guy like absolute crap, in addition to only really benefiting from being with him by using him as an outlet for her emotions. They are only human, so most boyfriends/girlfriends can only do so much to help their s/o out with problems.

What Guys Said 7

• My fiance is one of my strongest supporters. I am Bipolar and have PTSD and every day is a constant battle for me I have my good days but I also have my bad days. When I have my bad days i know I can rely on him to be there to help me through it and just being there for me. I am not going to lie it is rough and it is hard to tell them but in the end it is better because then when something happens or what not they know why and what could be causing it. If I were you I would tell him. ~ Mrs. Grimm

• I've met a girl. She was a pessimist, and actually still is.
    It's so easy to get her sad... If something would happen she'd always fear for the worst, get sick easily too.

If you're sad, I'll do my best to make you feel better. But I want to know that you do your best to escape it too.
    Because that girl... She stayed in bed all day... Not being productive doesn't help with anything. She freaked out for the smallest things, Keeps saying she can't do it and loses common sense... If you asked for an opinion, she doesn't care

If you give up... like she did, I'll eventually give up too

• No. Believe me he won't get tired of all it... He's just gonna cuddle with u and make u feel at home. Honestly he's gonna make you get mad at him. He's gonna say and try to fix things... If he's a man and loves you, he's gonna be a complete gentleman.

• I can relate to this and I would like to give you my input, but before I do, it would be good to know how long you have been together and if you are living together. Also if your depression is related to him in any way.

• Do guys get tired if the girl doesn't want to have sex? I know its it's not related but I like this guy and I'm scared to tell him I'm a virgin and I'm scared to have sex because I seen all my friends do it and their relationship either went sour or the guy only used them for it.

• This is tricky to answer because it really depends on the guy. I can only answer this question as myself though. Sex plays a big part in a relationship and yes I would get tired if nothing sexual happened for a long time (most guys would). If you told we that you were a virgin and that you were scared, then I would try to take it slow and easy. But you have to be willing to start somewhere. You should definitely tell him that you are a virgin for 2 big reasons. 1. He will know that you are not comparing him to previous partners and that will take a lot of the pressure off and he will feel that it is ok to take things slow and not try to impress you with sick moves. 2. If he pressures you after you tell him, then he might be a scumbag who only wants to use you or he just doesn't care enough about how you feel. That will give you some solid information at least. Don't be to hung up on relationships that end. Some end because of sex and some end for a million different reasons.

• Hi! Thanks for trying to help :) we've been together for two years now. We don't live together. In my country is really common to live with your parents until you finish you university and have a job and stuff. My depression started because I decided to go to design school. My parents are doctors and they decided they didn't want to support my decisions, I decided o study hard and started pushing other people outside my life so I ended up being really lonely. I only had my boyfriend there. He cheated on me on May. I almost break up with him but we work it through. Even though I forgave him, yes, I feel like it made my depression worse by making me feel insecure about my looks. But that wasn't te main problem it just happened while I was in a bad place. He didn't know

• no, that's like cocaine for men
    there is nothing better than a girl with depression problems.
    mmm.

• Yeah a good guy would of course be someone you can rely on... but saying that, don't over demand from him. He would get stressed too!

• If it's problem after problem after problem then it gets a little annoying, but if it's every once in a while, she can't handle it on her own, then that's fine. She needs to be able to do some on her own

What Girls Said 1

• I've struggled with major depression alongside persistent depressive disorder for about... five years? It sucks, I feel you, but to be honest it is nice to make a few of your most trusted and loyal friends aware of your situation. Even if it doesn't seem like they get it just knowing that there's someone who cares about you helps. I've often found that writing out how I'm feeling makes me understand how I feel about myself more than if I had asked someone to talk about my feelings with. I'm out of my major depressive stage but I know that it will never go away. It's up to me to live a lifestyle that is balanced and healthy. I mostly dealt with my depression alone but man having someone to lean on... just for an hour or two was like having a huge and secret burden lifted off my shoulders. Tell him but he may not understand keep in mind... Just make him aware of it. I decided after I made my circle of friends aware that I wouldn't talk about it again not only for their sake but for mine. They just didn't understand how I felt as much as I did since I am obviously me haha. I spent this year finding myself and just figuring out what I wanted. I had this view that nothing mattered, I couldn't find a reason to be alive, and I had to find a reason to keep fighting. I changed my lifestyle completely. My diet. My exercise. My sleep cycle. Even how I managed my time for the better. It felt nice knowing I had just a tiny bit of control... I don't know what gave me the strength to pull myself off the ground but one day you just wake up and say, "I don't want to live like this, I want to find my own meaning in this life". I hope it goes well, good luck! :)