Would a guy back off if a girl happens to mention she doesn't want a relationship?

If a girl mentions/casually says "I don't want a relationship" or "I don't want a boyfriend as of the moment" in a conversation with a guy who asked why she doesn't have a boyfriend, would that make him back off? or would he still try to pursue?

or is it a vague message tha he doesn't know what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe and maybe not. Saying that casually can sound like you are throwing up a wall to him and he might even perceive it as sort of bitchy. If he is really in to you he will keep barking up your tree and take what he can get as long as you are willing to give something. A good way to say that you aren't particularly looking for a boyfriend is to add that you are willing to see how it goes and anything can happen, but you aren't seeking it out. That leaves it a little open ended and clarifies that you aren't personally throwing up a wall to him personally.

• But then if I told him that "I'm not particularly looking for a boyfriend but am willing to see how it goes" then wouldn't he keep bugging me?
      Because, well, I don't really want to 'see how it goes' coz I can't risk being in an emotional roller coaster while I'm preparing for some really important stuff that's coming up for me.

• Well then its obvious you don't like them then. Then you just say what all girls who have learned to navigate this as gracefully as possible something like this

"You [seem, are, etc.] a really [good, great, nice] , but it's a [busy, important, stressful] time in my life and I'm not looking for a relationship"

Anyone with an ounce of experience dealing with girls know that this is basically the friend-zone kiss of death and will leave you alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• yea if the guy was interested in a relationship and he the girls he has a crush on doesn't then he might move on

What Guys Said 3

• Sure. There's no point in trying to pursue a chick who doesn't want to be pursued. It's a fool's errand.

• Yeah, cause i can't fall in love with a friend

• If i thought i had a chance with you yes that would make me back off.

What Girls Said 1

• If he respects her he will. If he doesn't its very creepy and rude.