Acne was a huge struggle in my past. I want to tell the guy I like about this so he understands why I am the way I am now. Guys what would you think?

He wants to know why I am so shy and guarded.

Number one thing you should know is that yes I have had a shy personality since I was a child. basically for years in my early 20's I had severe acne. It was all over my back, chest, neck, and face. I tried over 10 different prescription oral and topical treatment that all failed. During this time, I went into complete isolation. I stayed at home all day. If I needed to eat, I ordered in or went grocery shopping at night. If someone asked to hang out, it turn them down. I would wash my face in the dark because I didn't want to see myself. I have no pictures of myself from those years. Until I went on Accutane, which is the last resort for acne as it's very harsh. It cleared me up.

If I say this will he laugh or think I'm being too serious about it? I feel like since I'm so guarded he's thinking wow something terrible must have happened to her and this might seem like nothing like oh some skin problem. but really it was a psychological problem.

What Guys Said 1

• Wow, you really beat yourself over this ! It's understandable that it left some mental scars...

This feels like information that is really sensitive to you. What would happen if your friend took this lightly and told his friends about it? It might be a "weakness", a way to get to you. It might be my male instinct talking, but I would keep that information for when I really feel comfortable in a relationship with someone before I revealed this. If he insists, you can tell him that you have good reasons but that you are not comfortable sharing this with him yet.

Here's wishing you can get back up from such a trying experience...

What Girls Said 0