Are dating sites pointless for men?

Seems like dating sites are a complete waste of time for us guys. The women on it seem so picky and will only fall for one guy they deem "perfect". I mean I've had partial success myself you could say, because a few women have asked to meet me and whatever, but most of the time they'll disappear.

I use Zoosk, OKcupid and POF. OKCupid is where I've had most success.

Most Helpful Girl

• You just came on here to complain and then when someone gives you an answer that you just can't agree with, you block them.

@DivaMonae is right.

Besides both genders look for someone who they are physcially attracted to, not perfection most of the time. You can't just get perfection from an online dating site.

Online dating is harder than going outside and asking someone out or getting their number. Online dating is a meat market for EVERYONE. You see one person then you see someone who looks better, and better, etc.

If you can't handle women online not being interested in you then try a different route, dont get bitter.

Women are not the only ones looking for *perfection* according to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I logged onto one just for shits and giggles to see what women where like in a metro area where I might relocate to in a few years. I put in minimal details about myself just to get onto the site and added no pictures... Basically my profile said 6'3", Scorpio, Masters Degree, and some of my hobbies they asked about of the site. My bio was just filler filler filler... With in a day there were 20 girls in my local area interested in me. So I'm pretty sure you can meet some people on there if you want to.

• 6'3" tall, Hmmmmmmm. Wonder if that had something to do with it.

• Probably... I thought about it after the fact... Tall, Mysterious (no info)/Scorpio... Educated... and I like to garden so I have a house with a yard. lol :D I also had hobbies like art/music (sensitive side)... and cooking (romantic)... but I didn't even scrape the surface of who I am and basically tried to tell them norhing, because I wasn't actually trying to even communicate with anyone on there. I just wanted to look at the database for a few minutes.

What Girls Said 6

• Umm... No offense or anything but what you said doesn't really make since.

If dating sites are pointless for men then they're also a waist of time for women. Unless of course every female on the site are lesbians.

So dating sites must not be that unsuccessful or if it is it's unsuccessful for the both of us.

• Women have more choices. I'm certain than one women will get more messages than 10 guys.

• Well guys kind of throw their selves at girls where as we usually only like or message guys that we're into.

But technically we don't have more "choices" considering the fact that there are more females in the world than males... So if anything you have more options than we do.

• Lol you're deluded, it's entertaining.

• Why are dating sites pointless for men? By being on one, you have the potential to find a girl you want to be with and who wants to be with you. Not everyone is going to want to be with you and you are not always going to want to be with other people you meet on there. I've had the same exact experience as you with men. They flake, seem interested at first but then disappear or go back to an ex.

It's frustrating as hell, but it's just the way dating is.

• It is pointless for most men that are not good looking.

• Thank you! Finally someone that agrees. 👍
      @Bards

As for the QA go ahead and block the whole site if you have to for disagreeing with you.

• Well be the "perfect guy" then! Do something that will make you stand out from the others. For instance, starting a conversation with something other than "Hi" or "You're looking sexy/hot/fine".
    Have a witty biography to make you seem more intelligent, well-read etc. Pictures of you should be you doing fun activities like skating or hiking. Do not get too sexual too fast, that's definitely something men do to turn women off xD

• Ever thought that dating sites just may not be for u?

• Say what you want but it's a fact... You're just trying to make an excuse as to why you're not so lucky on dating sites.

• Sorry this message was for the QA he couldn't handle the truth so he blocked me :)

• Dating sites are a waste of time for non good looking guys.

• they are pointless... period

• Meh, they're probably just as pointless for women.

• It is heaven for women, a disaster for non good looking men

• Aww he blocked me too. 😆 Its not easy for either gender. So many bitter losers on the internet.

What Guys Said 10

• "Seems like dating sites are a complete waste of time for us guys. The women on it seem so picky and will only fall for one guy they deem "perfect"." Which is why I don't use them in the 1st place. Instead, I take my black ass outside and go around REAL GIRLS where I might fuck around and have about 5 girls complimenting me + another 15 eye fucking me all in about 45 mins tops LOL. i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Basically, those websites are made for girls to have a surplus of "cocks" to choose from while the guys wait around to be picked it seems... if that make sense

• Pretty much. There's a lot of independent research about how the cards are stacked against the men. There are mostly more active men on those sites than women, women are often times far more selective meanwhile the men are getting less selective just so they can find SOMEONE which can boost the ego of the female while making the men feel worthless. Then there's a bit about the 80/20 rule. 80% of women are seeking the top 20% of the men (what many women consider good quality traits.) I'm summarizing a lot of the research but overall it's a lot more difficult and pointless for a man statistically than it is for a woman. I prefer just to meet women live and spontaneously rather than the internet but that's just me.

• I wouldn't go as far to say they're pointless, but I don't think they should be someones only access to meeting women.

• It is a waste of time for most non good looking men

• @ManuelMarquez that's why I added it shouldn't be someone's only means of finding a relationship.

• Internet dating has a 10 to 1 male to female ratio. It's pretty fucking useless for young males. Just take a walk down a street, you'll have more success doing that one day than a year of Internet dating.

It's not until older ages that Internet dating becomes useful because women's vaginas start to dry up and men become more economically stable and well off. It starts to even out the ratio.

• It is a waste of time for non good looking guys.

• No, it's pretty useless for good looking guys too. Most of the women on there are the rejects that can't find a date IRL.

• The women on there DEFINITELY are picky. I've gone on some of them and found literally hundreds of women that I would be totally happy with as a SO and got maybe one response from a person before even though hundreds have viewed my profiles.

• I was saying that I didn't have much luck with them and you commented on how it was a waste of time for non good looking guys. That insinuates that I'm not attractive.

• I didn't mean to offend you man. When I say non good looking, I am talking about average and below average looking guys. There are good looking guys that don't have luck on it too but most of the time they do have luck. That is what I am saying. I don't know how you look like. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I am ugly, but I don't know if you are good looking, average, or below average.

• I see what your getting at but it's not pointless at all. Try changing your approach to the opposite sex. It seems the only people complaining about dating sites are the ones who throw themselves at every female there hoping for them to like them back.

• Dating sites in general are pointless.

• It isn't pointless for good looking men and for women regardless how they look like.

• Dude, I also have done my own experiments as well so it isn't bull. I put up my pic than a pick of a good looking guy. Sent the exact message and left everything the same in my profile.

• @ManuelMarquez was probably just the site you belonged to, still isn't enough to validate saying everyone does it or everyone is like that.

• Nah it's not.
    you saying that you had success, is prove of that

• Lol not true, Still have tinder sloots as side chicks lol and it provides lol for misc

• Pretty much. Dating sites aren't all that great for anybody, but as with the real world, women get the advantage on dating sites. It is a proverbial cock market for a girl to sift through and pick which guy she wants, whereas having a penis means your chances of getting a reply are at about 1%.

As long as you abandon all hope of anything happening from that site, you'll do fine.

• Well I've had 5 to 6 women respond to me, but most have just disappeared lol

• Yep. I get a weirdly high amount of messages and views from women in the Philippines, but most of the girls in my area don't respond all that often.

• Yeah I get a lot of fat women messaging me...