Ladies and gentlemen, be honest, would you date/marry someone who is deaf-mute?

Like if they were really attractive and nice people but their only flaw is that they are deaf-mute, would you date/marry them or not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely, I could still talk or communicate with then through sign language so it wouldn't be a problem to marry them.

They need love too!

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, I guess I would.

• Depends... If I was good at learning sine language than yeah but because I am dyslexic and struggle learning things

• If i love/like him i would date/marry him plus i started learning sign language about a month ago so communication definitely won't be a problem and if it was we'll make it work.

• If it's not hereditary then yes why not? Would not want to pass it on to potential children though...

• no... i would not...

• Yeah, I would. There are other ways of communicating.

• To be truthful, I would rather not. But if I loved the person enough and that's what it came to I would try. It's just that I love almost everything associated with sound and I would feel bad not being able to experience things together with it

• I would have to learn sign language, but yeah.

• Yupppeerzz.

What Guys Said 12

• It would require learning sign language (harder for those of us whose fingers don't easily move to those positions) and some other adaptations. But if I loved her, of course I would marry her.

• If you can't communicate how can you know enough about the person and her ideas to love her? Or would you just love her looks? I wouldn't marry for just looks. Looks don't stay.

• I vote maybe

• Yeah I would, if our feelings were mutual. It's not a deal breaker for me.

• maybe than not possible.

Not belief, what is this voted are HESITATION!

I can't see the couples in real life between Girl Hearing with Deaf guy communicates, how it always Definitely doesn't confirmed relationship or foreplay.

some Hearing Women most feeling uncomfortable with Deaf's guy... so awkward and misunderstand until ignore or broken up fast few time than 2-5 months.

Hearing's guy without problem relationship with Deaf woman because he's hit on girl sweet!

why so many Deaf single men? Do Not Watch on TV "Switched at Birth series" propaganda!, Go forward in Real Life!.

• I misread that as deaf and blind, and voted Maybe (as I'm unsure about communicating with someone who can't see or hear). But as I misread that I should have voted A, while it would make some things difficult I don't think being deaf and mute would stop me from wanting to be with someone.

• However I can't see how I would actually get to know such a person. Obviously if I was dating one I'd try to learn sign language but I can't see how I would start dating someone I can't communicate with.

• You might know them before you even decided to date them, like say for example, you have a very close friend who has a deaf-mute sister and you communicated with her many times with the help of her brother (your close friend) who knows sign language, and from that you knew some aspects of her personality and found her to be an interested and nice person, would that give you the motivation to date her and to learn sign language?

• It's possible that I could get to know a deaf woman, it just seems quite unlikely though.

• I banged Shizune in Katawa Shoujo. I think I'm qualified.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../c1f.jpg

• I'm not even sure how we'd communicate. No.

• Same here.

• I avoid extremely noisy environments they make me uneasy and I avoid people in group too.

• @jacquesvol lol no one said that you have to date them for their looks or "DD-cups", why would you assume that? And of course you wouldn't be interested in someone you don't know regardless if they are deaf-mute or not. However you might already know that deaf-mute person and you communicated with them with the help of someone close to both of you and you knew some aspects of their personality and found them to be interested and nice people ( personality wise not just looks). Like say for example, you have a very close friend who has a deaf-mute sister that you communicated with many times with the help of her brother (your close friend) and you find her to be an interested and nice person.

• yeah, why not. If they were mute we wouldn't argue :). But I don't really know any deaf girls... so I wouldn't know.

• no because I need to communicate easily to my wife

• Yup, I'd learn sign language if I really liked someone.

• Yeah that wouldn't bother me I don't like people who talk anyways.

• Of course.