Opinion on couples who over post on social media?

What is your opinion on couples who post a lot of photos of them together constantly on social media as well as commenting all "lovey dovey" stuff on each other's pics that are completely irrelevant to the photo itself? I find it extremely annoying.

Psychology states that those couples who over post and seem happy while doing it ARE NOT actually the happiest of couples... they do it for validation so they can feel good and secure.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• They irk me haha. Like, I don't want to see every single thing they do together, it's their private life, why do they make it so public? I agree with the validation theory in a way.
    When they are a new couple also maybe they do it for themselves, like when they start posting pics together is like they've made it official, but other than that, to do that all the time in my opinion means they want to show the world how happy they are in their relationship and how lucky they are to be in one. I don't know if they're happy in their relationship or not, maybe they are, but why is it so important to get validation from others, permanently?
    Maybe they just can't be proud about anything else in their lives?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely... For example you might have heard how two teenagers got lost at sea recently while fishing of the cost of south Florida. At first I was like damn that sucks... Then I found out their parents where tweeting about their lost children hashtag save Austin and Perry and how they where gathering support over FaceBook and shit like that becoming media hyped stars over the loss of their children and then all the sudden my opinion was swayed and I started to think, you know it's probably better if those people's genes are eliminated from the gene pool. This is a fortunate event.

What Girls Said 7

• I feel the same way I did when I saw rotten parents post stuff about their children and pictures of them with their kids. They fool no one. I guess if they broadcast to the world that they are Parent of the Year that maybe they'll convince themselves. Couples are no different. I think, "Yeah, I get it.. you're having sex.. you're together.. no one wants your man anyway, so don't worry."

• Honestly, I tend to not think much of it. What they do on their social media is their business. However, if I had to guess, it's likely just that they are either infatuated OR are trying to delude themselves into thinking their relationship is much better than it actually is by "proving" it's "success" to everyone they know.

• I personally get irritated at them because they make it look like their relationship is perfect and no errors are made in it. I am usually okay with a few posts like once in a while, but not too much.

Like the kissing and the sex and the naked pictures are too much for me. Keep those moments to yourself, like I just wasted 15 seconds of my life watching you kiss a guy.

• Those relationships tend not to last very long, from what I've seen.

• They are so annoying. A picture or two every once in a while is okay. But when I see a picture every time they see each other and "8/1/15💌💍💐💎💒💕 " all over their bio, I know the relationship won't last long.

• They're so annoying.

• I couldn't agree more with you or these psychology states.

What Guys Said 2

• It's totally upto them lol
    If I had a problem with it.. I'd unfollow them as to not see it lol

• Its annoying but I dont really care when it comes down to it