At what age is it creepy?

At what age difference is it considered creepy for two people to date?
Like 5 years 8 years?
And dose it matter on how old they are?
Like a 23 year old and a 31 year old versus a 14 year old and a 22 year old. That's 8 years in both cases is it wrong for them to date?

I posted this cause I know a couple who are 13 and 21

Most Helpful Guy

• Any relationship that is that far separate and one person is under legal age of consent is always creepy and illegal. Certain states have age of consent is 16 while others is 18. They also have the Romeo Juliet Laws in which case the age difference can be no farther than 4 years apart. As far as your friends who are 13 and 21. That is sick and illegal in every way. There is loop holes in the Romeo Juliet Law that allows two people of more than 4 years of age difference while one is under the age consent. If the child is still living with parent or legal guardian and the parent/legal guardian allows such relationship to happen. Or also if the child is emancipated. They are no longer held under laws of consent. But at any time if the state finds out. They can step in and charge the adult for statutory rape if consent does happen. Or also at any time can the child declare rape and the adult gets charged for statutory rape. Basically your friend is setting themselves up for failure and could go to prison for a good amount of time and it will be on their permanent record and will be known as a child rapist and added to the list of sex offenders. 13 and 21 is sick beyond everything. One is still a child while the other is an adult. I would report them to police if I knew who they were

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing creepy as long as it is love !
    And not lust

What Guys Said 8

• any relation involving an underage girl and adult guy is creepy in my opinion, otherwise age gap doesn't matter

• over 20% of age difference is a call for potential problems. But of course everyone who wants to exceed that 'knows' a number of exceptional couples without any problems. LOL

• Yes under 18 it always matters.

• Why the fuck do you want to date a 22 year old? That's the sleeziest shit I ever heard

• When I'm 60 I'll still be fucking 18 year olds

• 55y old date 12y old😏

• 23 yo girl and a 31 yo guy is ok
    14 and anything over 16 is creepy, wrong and mostly illegal.

• i would say none is creepy to me

What Girls Said 7

• The gap varies from couple to couple. In the example you gave, it's not creepy for a 23 and 31 to date but it is creepy, disgusting and wrong for a 14 and a 22 year old to do it. A 14 year old is not a child anymore but they still think like kids in many ways and most times, their bodies aren't fully developed either; while a 22 year old is an adult who thinks in a completely different way, knows a lot more things and has a lot more power than the 14 year old has, etc.

• Any adult dating a child is creepy. 13 and 21 is down right illegal. Call the police.

• 13 and 21 is disgusting.

• no problem with the ages mentioned above.. but creepy goes for 18 and 60.. 20 and 70 .. those are creepy

• More than five years older or younger

• Its only weird if an adult is with someone underage but for me I personally can't date date someone more than 5 years older and 3 years younger, not because its creepy but because its awkward and not my cup of tea and I have a stronger attraction to men in my age group.

• Divide the oldest's age by 2 and then add 7. If the youngest person's age is less than that it starts to get creepy.