Guys, how long does it take to fall in love?

For example, say you have known your girlfriend for 6 months and dating seriously for 3 months. Is that to soon to be in love? how would you show/tell her?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• 6 months is kind of the sweet-spot for me. I usually tend to wait pretty long for marriage, but dating I wait less time. Of course, I don't go as far as most people do in dating, anyways, so that changes things, too.

What Guys Said 15

• There is no well defined time limit as such, it depends as to how fast the person starts to develop feelings and how strong they are as well.

• I'm a more old school guy. I have to know the person very well before I fall in love or be sure of that person. Many time that could be a few months to a few years. 6 months isn't a bad number in my opinion. I would start hinting it and slowly showing them my emotional side (I don't usually show that to people lol so it's a big deal), but then I'd ask them out at an event we were at, like a school dance or sports game or something. Just don't rush the relationship. Take it nice and slowly, that usually works best if you want to be sure. Best wishes for you and the guy :)

• I need at least half a year to know. I'll tell her regularly. I don't really know how else I would show it. Have never been that lucky...

• If we are going on a scientific bases here the effects of "love" are instantaneous the chemicals released in your brain happen the first time you meet with someone, the chemicals will then change as you get to know a person becoming more potent or less potent depending on the expectations. If your in a young relationship which you are your brain essentially doesn't really know how to function properly

• There is no set time period.

• We can fall in love at anywhere or anytime... no duration
    Like love after marriage or love after dating or love at first sight 😍
    😊👌

• It depends on the friendship and the boundaries.

• Go to PUA forums for advice , in my opinion most women give poor advice on this if you're a guy.. don't know your situation. picking the right moment and telling her you really like her can be fine but saying " i love you " to early can spook a relationship...

the first few months of relationships can be full of hormones and lead you to the delusional phase takes time before you really know in my opinion.

• To fall in love can be as short as 5 minutes or as long as a few weeks i guess
    But dont ask me for further info as i never had a girlfriend before

• When you feel it.

• ehhh...6 months is too short

• I dont think its too soon. Dating seriously for six weeks be more specific.

• It takes years...

• Beautiful I am so happy to answer this 😘 because it differs from person to person situation some are weak some are strong. In your case you asking this question tell me that you are in love with him but you want him to make the first move but he hasn't. You start making him feel special and see the result

• Yes, that's way too soon!