Girls, do you expect the guy to pay for the date?

• Yes; it's traditional that the guy pay for the dates.
    13% (8)
  • Yes, but I'll initially refuse to look polite.
    15% (9)
  • The person who was the asker should pay, regardless of sex.
    15% (9)
  • No; it would be nice if he did, but I don't expect him to.
    24% (15)
  • No; I don't want him to always pay. We can take turns or split it.
    32% (20)
  • Other/Results
    1% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I probably wouldn't feel comfortable with him paying, I hate the feeling that I'm sort of using someone's money, if you know what I mean.

• This here. I hate people paying for me, it makes me so uncomfortable.

• Me too. Small things here and there I don't mind, but everything, or something more expensive, then I'd just feel uncomfortable--as you said, like I was using him.

What Girls Said 13

• No, I don't expect him to. I'm more comfortable with us splitting it. If me and my boyfriend go out, then we'll either split it or one of us will pay for the other and next time we'll swap and it'll even out.

• I don't expect him to pay at all. I like paying for myself and treating him sometimes. I think equality in a relationship is important when it comes to this stuff. I usually insist on paying at least for myself, but I will let him treat me if he really wants to.

• I mean it would be nice if he did, but I don't expect him to nor do I want him to pay all the time. I don't have a problem splitting the bill or treating him.

• If he asked me out, yes.
    But I would probably insist on paying as I don't feel comfortable others paying for me. Specially someone I am not so close with.

• In this day and age, it is nice when my boyfriend pays, but I certainly do not want him to pay EVERY time. Not only does it feel weird to me-I mean everyone likes to be spoiled, but I would feel like a slacker as I also have a job-but I think it would also be more limiting and restricting than both people investing in the relationship. The expendable income o both of us=more dates, more fun, more memories.

• I like splitting it or taking turns I have no patience for traditional rules and regulations

• I'm okay with taking turns and splitting the bill.

• No.
    I don't like people paying for me.

• I don't really care. I usually don't have any money though, soooo...

• I'm not ashamed to say that I'll initially refuse but expect him to pay.

• why don't you just go on a free date the first few times?

• With him paying, I would always have a feeling that I have a favour to pay him back which I do not want. I pay mine, he pay his until he wants to pay for me.

• if it's a first date, then yes.