At the bar there's lots of options but can't seem to date any of them, what's going wrong?

at the local bar there is generally a good number of attractive girls , some of which are truly single , with a few others who go to the bar but have bf's so there just there to have a good time . so in general there are usually some good options there but even though I'm single I have never really dated any of them or had sex with one of them or much of anything . as a guy I find this frustrating to be honest and not sure what's going on here but I'm going off to college in another city in January anyways so maybe it doesn't matter much now and I'll have better results there

Most Helpful Girl

• Not that people don't connect at bars but it isn't always a great place to meet people. A lot of women are expecting any guy who talks to them in a bar to be interested in nothing more than sex, so we have our guard up even though we may talk and laugh with you. In a bar about the best you can tell about someone else is that they are attractive and if you are like most people, where our attractiveness comes from more than our looks, well it is hard to convey that in a bar. Better settings to meet a girl are ones where you don't instantly appear like a wolf. If I met a guy at a bar and I met that same guy in a coffee shop or college library, well in the bar I would probably not ever think he would have any potential versus in the other settings I might think you are boyfriend potential and I would give you my number.

As far as just getting to a hookup, you can ask guys about that. That is a different deal and I do know PUA's and even they know it can be hard to get a girl into bed the first time you meet her at a bar. Even girls that sleep with you quickly are still thinking about whether you have potential to be a boyfriend.

What Girls Said 2

• If you keep looking at the girls and don't make a move then nothing will happen!

• I've talked to some of them over the years , so I have made some moves or tried to . nothing seems to work out there or go anywhere

• I don't do "bar men"...not that there is anything wrong with meeting and dating somebody you meet in a bar but you usually meet them while "intoxicated" and I'm really just out to have fun when I go to a bar or club. I'm not there to find somebody to be with for a night or even for life, lol.

I'd rather meet somebody at a place that isn't serving me and my gals brewskies :)

What Guys Said 1

• u got no gaaaaaame is why...