My boyfriend is quite possessive and jealous. Is this good or bad?

He is beautiful in terms of looks. Has the most amazing eyes and is super talented. Most girls wanted to date him nad he is incredibly popular among girls.

So I never expected him to be insecure over me but he is quite a jealous type. He told me before we started dating that he is the most jealous guy in the world. After we started dating, he would always kiss me or get cuddly whenever he saw boys around me. He told me he did this intentionally so that the guys would get the message that I am his girlfriend. (He said this "I always kiss you in front of them because I want the guys to know that you are mine").. And he also keeps me away from men in general.

Once he even got into a fight with a guy friend of mine because my friend held my hand (it was Friendship Day) which my boyfriend didn't like and he clearly stated that nobody can touch me except him.

He doesn't fight with me over his jealousy issues but gets upset or gets all moody and I have to do something special to cheer him up.

He's younger than me. He is 22 and I am 24.

Is this normal or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I always kiss you in front of them because I want the guys to know that you are mine"

firstly, you belong to no one except yourself.

Secondly, no its not normal to be that possessive and nothing good will come of it. Men who are that possessive tend to become violent and aggressive at the drop of a hat, blaming it on their jealousy and one day, you may be the focus of that aggression. He will start to think you are making him jealous on purpose which will lead to accusations of cheating etc etc.

A very close friend of the family was with a man like this, and we all told her to leave him. a year or 2 down the line, and she wasn't allowed out of the house because he thought she was cheating on him. he would beat her if she looked at him in the wrong way, if she didn't cook his dinner on time etc etc.

Now im not saying your fella will end up like this, but the fact he is already saying you "belong" to him is really worrying. it indicates he sees you as an item rather than a person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Normal. 😎 if your ok with it, then its normal.

What Guys Said 3

• You are normal. He's borderline psychotic. He's got some fundamental issues and you could get hurt emotionally and even physically. Make him see a good therapist and deal with his issues before something bad happens. As for coddling him for being jealous, don't do it. Get mad about it and say it's time for him to grow up.

• He is turning into a control freak. He does not own you. He is immature and insecure! The sooner you get shot of this guy the better. If you don't, it will just get worse. Ever read any stories of guys beating their wives up for even speaking to a guy friend? This is how it could end up for you!

He has a lot of growing up to do. Don't let it be at your expense.

• Could be bad in the long run, but you never really know

What Girls Said 4

• In my own personal opinion I do not like jealous guys. I had a bad experience with one. He seems cute about it but try to always let him know how you feel about him and keep reminding him, to try to ease his jealousy. Jealousy is pure insecurity, that is all it is. Some can be psycho lol but some just need a little extra reassurance.

• `just be happy that he loves you so much, and since he has told you that this is his weak point , then thanks for his honesty

• i m like him.. :/ so i know how he is..

• Ok, I agree with ur boyfriend. regardless of the occasion you shouldn't be holding hands with another guy.