Is it possible to marry your first and be happy?

He is my first boyfriend and everything is going great. I'm really happy in my relationship. We've argued a couple of times, but nothing big. I love him, but I can't help but wonder if he is the one? I hope he is. We've talked about it and he says that he'll never leave me and that he'll always love me. I've noticed other people are always breaking up with their significant other and finding another which also ends up in a break up. And a lot of people in marriages seem really unhappy. Has anyone else married their first boyfriend/girlfriend? Or stayed with their firsts for a long time? Did it workout? I'm asking because I'm looking for hope. Please let me know, thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well i never dated anyone before i met her and i was love at first sight for the both of us, well almost. I married her shortly after and its been magical ever since and we are expecting our daughter soon. I think its normal to have little disagreements. We do fight but deep down i know i could never hurt her because it would probably kill me to know i have done that to her. I love her, show respect and its been an incredible journey. I am with her for 5 years now and it still feels like the first day i saw her, butterflies in my tummy. Read myTake: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10257-syra-my-heart-i-give-to-you-till-the-very-end

People often ask how do you know if he/she is the one, i have asked myself so many times and i can't really describe it. When i met her for the first time, there was something about her that made me feel at peace in my heart, its like i needed her to be with me, not in a sexual way at all. Look i guess there is never a 100% fool proof method to know for sure. What i would suggest is talk with him about it and go with your heart and use some logic too. Just know that if it does not work out, its ok, this is life, love is mysterious and behaves in ways we are yet to understand, but don't give up on love. Nothing in life is fixed in stone and i am reminded of a beautiful quote that has helped me

1. Whatever you resist will persist
    2. Expectations reduce joy in a relationship (this i have found to work exceptionally well)

Don't expect your boyfriend to be like this or like that, and long as he respects and loves you that is all that really matters in the end. I hope this helps you, and you have an awesome relationship as i have, take care :) :)

• Thank you so much for this! I read your myTake over and over again! What you have written was so beautiful and inspiring! I would love to read more stories from you about you and your wife!

• Wow, thank you for reading it. Everyone seems to love it so much... that's so awesome. THANK YOU so much for that, i really do appreciate your kind words. Haha, so many people have requested i write more... haha, i think i wrote about how i proposed to her somewhere on Gag... when i find it i will let you know :) Thanks again for all your compliments... made my day :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents were high school sweethearts. I know my dad was my moms first boyfriend and they've been married for 33 years now. They don't argue very often and they have a ton of fun together. It's definitely possible.

• Aww... I want that... Thank you

What Guys Said 1

• This very thought popping up in your head would say you're not confident yourself and if you don't have faith in the relationship , then it surely will fail.

What Girls Said 0