I hear so much from my dad, older sister and other girls with dating issues about the role a boyfriend has that I'm supposed to expect.
1) He's supposed to give you money.
2) He's supposed to help pay your bills.
3) He's supposed to text/call you first everyday.
4) He's supposed to like your posts/pictures on social media.
... and if he doesn't do any of this, he's supposedly "not the right one for you". Is this true? And what are some other things guys are "supposed" to do in a relationship?
Most Helpful Guy
Every one of those points is utterly offensive.
I would ask if that's the guy's job to do all this crap, then what does the girl do in the relationship? To call him weak for doing a meager 99% of the work and forcing her to lift a finger? Pfff.
I find it so annoying when girls have a problem with texting first, yet I try to tolerate their silly insecurity about it. But when you make it a rule it makes girls look so pathetic, like I need to send her a text first everyday as a routine just so she can feel comfortable talking to me? That's complete bull. I would leave.
Or maybe I should stay and ask them to do the same things for me instead, we'll see if they can come up with a reason why they shouldn't do those things for me.
The only thing a guy is "supposed to do" is provide for his pregnant partner and make her the happiest person in the world. If she's not with child and doesn't have an infant hanging of her tit then she's an independent lady and she has the same job as the guy, it's a partnership.
Unless you're one of those religious or traditionalist types then think about gay men and women and then ask "what is the boyfriend's/girlfriend's job?" and suddenly you realise how dumb these peoples' ideas about the boyfriend role are.5
Most Helpful Girl
1. No I don't expect him to give me money. I AM NOT HANDICAPPED AND I CAN EARN FOR MYSELF.
2. No I can pay bills for the things I use. I DON'T WANT TO ENJOY LUXURY ON EXPENSES OF A MAN.
3. No, he is not supposed to text/call first everyday. I CAN DO IT SOMETIMES TOO. HE WOULD LOVE IT. IT ALL COMES TO LOVE AND CARE IN RELATIONSHIP.
4. What seriously? ? ? ? ? NO, NEITHER OF US SHOULD HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT. WE ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO LIKE EACH OTHER ON BED :D
I am so sorry for a lot of capital letters...3
- Show AllShow Less