Girls, Whats her deal?

I've been dating a woman for about 7 months now. We spend a lot of time together and get along great. The problem is she won't let me call her my girlfriend and she introduces me to people as her "friend". I trust that she is not seeing anyone else but she says she doesn't want to put a label on what we have. In my mind, I dont see what the problem is... I dont expect anything about our relationship to change or become more serious just yet... I simply want people to know we are together. When we go out she gets hit on all of the time because other guys basically see her as available. Why won't she make us official? Am I making too big of a deal out of it? This is frustrating. I have respected her decision and haven't pushed the issue further, but it still secretly bothers me a lot. Am I wasting time here?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? She probably doesn't want other guys to stop hitting on her. She WANTS to be viewed as available, even if she's not acting on it. Something about cutting off all her options and publicly announcing she's with you is bothering her. I don't see this as something that's going to last.

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, if she won't give you the label then she probably still sees you as an option. She may be embarrassed of something about you and not want her friends to know, or she may still be looking for "someone better." But if a girl wants to be with a guy, then she makes the commitment well before 7 months into the relationship.

• Before making any drastic decision, I think you should talk to her. Communication is the key. We can throw you a bunch of maybes but in the end, we don't know the real reason. Maybe she'd like to keep her options open like what the rest said on here, maybe she's a commitmentphobic, maybe she just doesn't want to move too fast and likes things going a snail's pace. You should be honest and tell her how it makes you feel. How do you expect her to be vulnerable when you won't take that risk either.

• As I said, I have told her. Im just trying to respect her decision and not be pushy, but she is well aware of how I feel.

• Like, you actually sat her down, face to face, and told her you're uncomfortable and it makes you uneasy when other guys are hitting on her? If that's the case, then it's time to push my friend. Unless you don't mind wasting your time on someone who wouldn't commit. I say give the talk one more shot before throwing in the towel.

• Seems prettt fishy to me. You should be with someone who is proud to mention you two are dating. And tell people you're her friend is still labeling so...

• She sounds like she's unsure how she feels about you. If she truly liked/loved you she would put a label on the two of you and let everyone know she's taken.

• Sometimes labels freak people out. I'm sure she wants to be able to flirt and keep her options open in case someone "better" comes along. I think if you want a real commitment you are going to have to look elsewhere.

• Do you lean towards the attractive side?

• I would say so. She tells me she is attracted to me all of the time.

• Sometimes. And if I do, she doesn't stop it.

• Hmmmm she's an odd one. If someone flirts with her stand your ground and tell them she's yours if she gets mad she isn't worth your time.