Would you date someone who is overweight?

Im not shallow so I would.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am shallow about looks but I would still date an overweight girl. I've found many overweight women attractive.

Most men wouldn't date an overweight woman because they don't look good (it has nothing to do with health, that's just an excuse.) I mean if a guy found a girl hot and he found out she had health problems, I highly doubt he wouldn't date her.

I work out myself and have been dieting but I'm not an idiot either.

• Well the reason we find fit people attractive is because they are healthy, so it is a valid reason

• @MissMc3 Not a scholarly or peer-reviewed source.

• @Asker OH NO! She posted a link she probably found searching on Google, she MUST be right! Lol.

Here is one I found on Google as well, stating overweight people live longer. This MUST be true.

www.webmd.com/.../study-overweight-people-live-longer

(I don't agree with the study. The point I'm making is, just because something is posted on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.)

I will though, go with what my 35 year veteran doctor and my mom who is a 20 year nurse veteran have to say on the subject. I doubt she has a medical license, since she's only 16 years old (she's more than likely still in high school.)

What Guys Said 20

• I guess I'm shallow for expecting my partner to be healthy.

• You can be overweight and healthy. There are several factors who go into health.

• @CincinnatiRedsfan: Lol "Oh yeah? Well my MOM said blah blah blah" <-- winning argument right there.

• @zorrow8888 *Applause*

@CincinnatiRedsfan Why are you harassing and badgering this guy? He doesn't have to agree with you or think the way that you think. What's the point in your excessive blabbering as if the more that you repeat yourself, he'll suddenly drop his own opinion and take on yours? You can just construct your own answer instead of stating your claim on someone else's where your input wasn't asked for.

• Love how you already established that if we wouldn't, we're shallow lol.

But depends on just how overweight she is. I'm not going to date a whale.

• I'm not shallow, so I won't.
    But if wanting someone I feel attracted to makes me shallow, then yeah, I'm shallow.

• "I'm not shallow, so I won't."

That doesn't make sense, saying that implies your not being shallow is the reason you wouldn't date an overweight person. You could have said "I'm not shallow, and I won't."

• @Bysshe I know, I was just doing what she did. She implied with her comment that those who wouldn't date an overweight person are shallow.

• And you implied that those who do are shallow, which is at least as incorrect.

• Overweight?
    How overweight?
    psychlabs.ryerson.ca/.../weightindex.jpg

I'm not shallow but I'm not a blackhole so let's not go too far on either side eh?

• Lmao I can't

• @CHARismatic110
      I mean... I'm deep enough when people shout "HELLO?" into my face they'll hear a
      "... HELLLooo... Hellllooooo... hello..." echo

but not so deep that if someone throw a rock down the abyss they won't even hear the rock hitting the bottom. Cos that's what the asker is asking for here.

• Lol I get it.

• Well, people need to be somewhat attracted to whoever they choose to date, and if a person cannot be attracted to an overweight person, then they don't have to date them. Whether that makes them shallow or not is simply a matter of opinion. Now me personally, I would date an overweight person, I don't think I could date someone who was extremely overweight, like to the point where they couldn't move or something, but an overweight person? Yes I would. I'm overweight myself so I couldn't discriminate against a woman for that.

• Yes i would date a overweight girl , all my ex gfs were overweight
    but most overweight girls won't date bigger guys ,

• For some reason, this is true. All the thin girls I know will date overweight men but all the heavy girls won't date a heavy guy.

• I wouldn't

call me shallow if you must

• I am shallow so I wouldn't...

• You might as well be asking, "would you date someone you don't find physically attractive?"

• I dont think i would. Then again i wouldn't date a hot female with a Horrible personality. Im more likely to date the over weight person

• Nah just not me I prefer girls who take care of themselves

• Probably not

It's a combination of the physical weight and her personality for not wanting to lose it

But most likely not, I tried and God made me this way so take it up with if you have questions lol

• I'm overweight myself, so I don't mind a bit of meat on them bones, but I wouldn't be down if they were the same (currently 205 lbs at 5'5") or heavier than me.

• nope i woudnt... wait i am overweight myself LOL

• chubby, yes. Obese, no i can't do it sorry.

• I'm a Guy who Loves Thicker Women anyway, So Yes of Course, Love BBW's

• Depends how overweight they are.

• I am very judgmental when it comes to a woman's looks so no I wouldn't.

• It depends. I mean I wouldn't date an obese women but it's not a black and white thing.

• I would date

What Girls Said 25

• Most likely, no I would not date someone who is overweight. As someone who's been a dancer for fifteen years, ran track, and considers fitness and self-care to be a very important aspect of life, that would be a major turn off. It's more about the simple physical appearance but about their unhealthy habits and how those habits may deter me to eat a healthy meal or get off my butt and work out. I'm also at a point in my life where I don't really take my time or energy to date unless I plan on pursuing something serious with the guy. Being overweight is a health risk. Overweight individuals are more likely to suffer from diabetes and have heart problems in addition to the self-esteem issues the excess weight causes. WARNING: BRUTAL HONESTY UP AHEAD. There is apart of me that is simply, honestly not attracted to fat rolls, a gut, or a double chin. I do have a major appreciation for a toned body and muscle because those things are very physically attractive to me. Plus, muscle is an indication of strength, endurance, and self-discipline.

To sum it up, he would have to be one amazing heck of a guy for me to ignore these things and still date him. We would have to have one of those special, crazy, magnetic types of chemistries.

• I don't believe it's shallow to not be attracted to a certain body type: it's shallow to oppress, insult, mistreat (etc) someone because of their appearance. Having personal preferences for people who are not overweight does not mean you have super negative opinions of people who are. Everybody has a right to have a preference, it doesn't make them shallow. If they were a dick about it, sure, but to have a preference? Not at all.

• I'm not shallow, but I won't. It's a health and lifestyle issue. I workout. I am active. You need to be fairly fit to keep up with me. I need someone who has the same lifestyle as me.

• Sure I would. I mean not like morbidly obese, but I don't mind some chub. I'm overweight myself.

• I don't care about weight, but I care about his general shape. If he looks morbidly obese, then I'm not attracted to him. I can handle a bit of fat, but not so much that it hangs over his jeans.

• I don't think anyone not wanting to date someone who they don't find attractive is shallow at all.

• Yeah, I don't mind a bit of chub. I couldn't date an obese person though, to me that just tells me a whole lot about their lifestyle. Laziness is not attractive. That's why I'm trying to lose weight because right now I just look lazy 😂

• yes I would

• I'd actually prefer someone overweight or muscular. The in-between does nothing for me. Not that I wouldn't date a skinny guy, of course, but it's just not my preference.

• ^I ain't even mad bro
      I'm just really detail oriented, so if there's no definition (i. e. fat or muscle) it doesn't attract me, simple as that. Is it a dealbreaker? No, it just means I won't be attracted to his stomach/chest, which isn't a big deal in the whole scheme of things. Geeze.

• i would not
    i like when people take care themselves
    unless there is no medical condition, i would not

• I would want to date someone who is in healthy shape.

• Im not shallow, but I wouldn't

• Only if he worked out and ate healthy.

• No I wouldn't, it's unhealthy and I think it's detrimental to a relationship to not be attracted to your spouse/significant other.

• Instead of posting on here get up and go to gym, and don't call people shallow because they don't prefer you xD

• Yeah I care for personality not appearance

• Yes. I would.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Nah i personally wouldn't

• No i would not

• No I wouldn't because it's disgusting that someone could abuse their own body with junk food that is basically poisoning them and will make them sick and kill them eventually. I can't respect that in a guy. The fact that he is fat is like a red flashing sign saying they are unhealthy physically and probably mentally. There's a reason why most people are more attracted to healthy looking people it's instinctive.

• As long as their face is attractive I would. I don't care about the body. I only care about the face.

• I would not. I have not been starving myself to end up dating a fat ass dude.

• No but we can be best buds.