How do I get him to stop being so insecure?

My boyfriend is really insecure and whatever I say he doesn't believe he's not ugly. How do I get him to believe he's attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Put his best photo on Hot or Not and see what he scores... He may be right, lol. About insecurity, you're 15, so I'm guessing he is about the same age... Mid to upper teens, how he looks is very important to most guys. He may not actually think himself ugly, but be wants you to assure him that he is not. Best thing you can do it respect him in front of his friends and your friends. Never look embarrassed to be seen with him. Its really not about looks... but for teens, many think it is.

• I'm and ugly guy myself so I'm gonna be honest with you and tell you that he won't believe it ever. If he thinks that way he was probably told a lot by a ton of chicks soo its like this one vote for not ugly from you vs many votes on ugly from a bunch of other people

• Unless he can accept himself so sad to say he can make your life hell with his
    insecurities

• Just tell him he's hot and make a fuss of him all the time

What Girls Said 5

• The simple answer is you can't. Its sad but true. Confidence can only come from within him. Just support him and show him affection and hope it gets better

• Stop trying to argue just when he talks bad about himself pull him to you kiss him hard and press your body against him. Prove to him that he is sexy to you. Actions speak louder then works

• just keep telling him that he looks good and you dont care about his imperfections and you love him just the way he is
    and that you wouldn't change a single thing about him
    and that you love the real him what's underneath his look..

• Post a picture of him on here, if he allows it. And then he can get feedback from us ^^

• compliment him a lot.