Girls, Bigger vs. Thinner?

Alright, so this may seem like a dumb shallow question but I honestly need help and don't know what to do. So all my past girlfriends have told me that they like my weight (I'm overweight, 280lbs, 6" tall), but recently one of my exes told me that they no longer find that attractive and perfer skinny guys now. Now that has been eating at me for the longest time. A lot of people like me for my weight and for being a "teddy bear", but lately I have been feeling like my relationship's would be so much better if I lost weight. I just want to know what other people think... Do girls find skinnier guys more attractive?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl. I am more attracted to stockier, solid guys, not "fat" guys or skinny guys. That doesn't mean I wouldn't date somebody with a bit of chub or a skinny guy, but I have my preferences. I don't think (by the sounds of what your girlfriends said) that your weight was the issue in your relationship. If people love and accept you as you are and told you so, then it's unlikely that you being skinnier would have made the relationships work - and if it did, it would have been for superficial reasons, not genuine ones.

If you're concerned about your weight you could work on it, but you should do it out of your own desire for your health. If you're happy at your weight, then screw anyone who has an issue. Just do you.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry for this but yeah, I like skinny/athletic guys. I've never feel attracted to overweight people.

Sorry if I sounded rude, I'm just saying what I think.

But hey, we all have preferences and if this girl wants you to change she might be not the one. Find a girl who likes you for who you really are and that don't want to change a thing of you.

• I can only speak for myself. I am generally more attracted to thin/fit guys than I am heavier ones.

• Personally I love chubby dudes

• I'm personally attractive to fit, muscular guys. I'm very active, and anyone I date needs to be active too.

• it varies from girl to girl - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. My boyfriend's 6'4 and 250lbs but I love him for him, weight's never a thought

• Thanks for the fast response... Do you think it would hurt if I trimmed down? I mean... I have a big figure, so even if I lose weight I'll still look broad and what not... Like dropping from 280 to 240?

• It never hurts to trim down, but if you do, do it for you :)
      I recently lost 25lbs and am aiming to lose another 15 but that's purely because I'd feel more comfortable in my own skin. Dropping weight would have a lot of positive health benefits which is always a good thing.