Guys, could you date a reformed alcoholic if you still like to drink?

If you are really into beer, whiskey, etc, like to home brew, dream of working at a brewery, do you think you could ever date a girl who no longer drinks at all because she is an alcoholic?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• If the girl meant a lot to me, i would, first of all, not drink in front of her, and, if we got serious, I would give up all but social drinking. Any person who does not understand that an alcoholic is always an alcoholic, even when he or she does not drink, is nto a mature person. IF you are interested in this guy, and being around alcohol is tempting you, you may need to let him know and leave the decision to him. You, as an alcoholic, know how easy it is to slip back into these problems. I speak as one who had a younger sister die of alcoholism.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know, in my opinion i'd have to be willing to give up drinking altogether. I don't even drink that much and it seems kind of a stretch to me. The problem would be that I would probably never get to know you well enough to be willing to do that for you.

• That would be cruel

• Yea alcohol doesn't define you unless you make it define you. If I would date you although the age difference might be noticeable. To me whether you drink or don't drink doesn't change your appearance.

• Well, I don't drink either so I don't think it would be a problem. Even if I did I dont think I would mind.

• You have to be willing to give up the alcohol to. Which I would personally. But in the above... you shouldn't date that person you are setting yourself up to fail.

• Guys will try, and they will fail. It's irresponsible and it won't work out.

• Yeah, I probably wouldn't drink around her tbh.