What do you think about interracial dating?

Okay I am a bigger white woman dating a thinner black man so of course I'm part of that cliché... but I wish it didn't have to be such a big deal. I mean why can't someone just love another person for their personality not their the color of their skin or their physical appearance? Nevertheless, what is your view on interracial dating? Do you think its fine or is it against your views?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I mean why can't someone just love another person for their personality not their the color of their skin or their physical appearance?"

Because that's not how the human mind works, no matter how much people try to deny it. Physical attraction (of some kind) is what gets your personality's foot in the door.

Interracial dating? I have no problem with it whatsoever. I will date any girl of any race.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a big deal to some people, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and ideas. If you're happy and he's happy, then for you there's no problem, right?
    But don't let other people, not even family nor friends shake your believes or make you take the easiest road because that's the day it will become a big deal between you two.

Also please realize that if you do intend to go through with it, there will also be consequences. Like if you ever break up, the next guy might not feel comfortable knowing you dated someone from another race and you cannot force him to accept or feel revolted; if you've kids, they'll also have to deal with that heritage by themselves in school or wherever, maybe even feel like they don't belong anywhere.
    There is a good side and a bad side in almost everything, just as long as you make an aware decision and don't delude yourself. Not everyone will be against it, nor will everyone support you. Such is life. One day at a time.

What Guys Said 11

• It's good for offspring. Interracial couples have healthy kids.

• People should be free to date whoever they want.

• Just letting you know, if you follow the cliche. He's dating you partly because your white and thick... we all know that

Now if you weren't that would he date you? So how can you say it's about personality and not a physical thing
    Yea right

• No one cares unless you're from one of the American southern states or just an old person.

• Its fine. Its was my first relationship

• If someone loves you then nothing else matters so just do whatever you want to 😉👌

• I'm all for interracial dating. I want to date some Asian and Latino girls personally.

• Im attracted to females if all races. As long as they look good, im happy

• Next time date with south Asian , I won't mind babe

• I've been with white girls before so yeah that's my view lol.

• What the hell is that on your BF's tongue though? Looks like the old logo for Apple.

• Just stop talking about it like it matters

What Girls Said 8

• Well i wouldn't be born if it werent for interracial dating and marriage. My mom is Asian and my dad is italian. And then there's me and my brother who date dominicans and mexicans lol. My whole life is interracial. Grew up in a diverse high school, have frinds from all kinds of backgrounds. Sometimes i feel like i dont fit into one thing like most pwople, but thats not always a bad thing 😉 I think its a beautiful thing to mix cultures.

• I have no issue with it anymore. Growing up a black man dating a white woman was and still is sometimes seen as selling out. While some men date outside of their own race for stereotypical reasons others don't. But as you get older you get wiser and learn more about others. So I say be with whoever makes you happy whether he be White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, or blue lol. My advice to you is to focus on your relationship with your boyfriend and ignore others people will always talk.

• It's a social trend right now. Kinda lame. people dont value personalities anymore. It's all about what the spouse of superior race can contribute to the future offspring's genes.

• it is fine
    if two people love each other, then good luck for them

• I don't think much of it. You want to, go ahead. You don't want to, then don't. Not really any of my business who you wanna date.

I don't know why people have to act like it personally offends them when other people do.

• nothing wrong with that at all

• I'm engaged to a black person and I'm white my family doesn't agree with it but I love him and that all that matters

• There's nothing wrong with it.