Do you believe alpha males exist?

Apparently people seem to laugh at the notion that they do

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Define alpha male. Can't really say otherwise. However humans are well known for our diversity in behaviour (for men) for mate selection. Some use artistry some use an appeal to the physical (muscles tough etc) some appeal to the providor status and some use intellect. So it depends how all of these come to gether. You might get an alpha male type for the guys who appeal to physical attributes, you may even find it in some form or another in the other types but those would still have traits unique to that approach.

What Girls Said 5

• I am not particularly familiar with animal biology but this is a common thing in pack animals, no?

• They do. Haven't you ever seen an animal documentary? xD

• They do exist because they do everything with excellence. IT's not just about looking hot and being rich and getting laid like some people seem to think so here.

• lol sounds funny

• They're about as common as people that are cooler/better than Bruce Lee.

• so they do exist? and do you prefer them?

• Lol. I like a balanced man. Not too tough not too sweet. Knows when to be both. Above all is respectful and wise.

• Alphas for me: Grandpa, Bruce Lee, Red Cloud, Crazy Horse :D

What Guys Said 19

• Sure it does but 99% of the self-proclaimed alpha males are more in line of gorillas thump their chest instead of actual people who amasses respect from his fellow man and motivate others out of what he stands for and what he does.

The American individual culture creates some very... very... strange "alpha males" instead of say... the Germanic collective success philosophy that creates alpha males that actually leads instead of seeking faggots to inflate his ego. (faggot as in wood)

• Of course they do.

Look at Alpha Trion.

jebr0nie.files.wordpress.com/.../alpha-trion3.jpg

Just look at him. So Alpha. Trion.

• 2|1
  • They exist. But I don't think I ever heard a self-proclaimed alpha even knowing what it means. I don't think a real alpha would ever say such a thing.

I remember a question on here a long time ago. Well I don't actually remember the question itself. A girl was asking a question about something and happened to mention that she was close to her father. I think she was in her early 20s. I asked her if she was close to her father, why was she asking us instead of her father? She said thanks, I'll ask him.

Now getting married and staying married is not easy. Raising kids is not easy. Staying married, and raising a daughter into her adulthood, and having her say she is close to him. Having her say she can ask him questions about things in her life and respecting his opinion. Now THAT is an alpha. I don't know anything else about the man. But I have all the respect in the world for him.

• The "alpha males" are called alpha males only by themselves and they generally have a profile picture of them flexing and are acting like dicks with women because they think they should succumb to them since they spend 18 hours a day lifting weights and looking at themselves in the mirror. When a woman tell them they are a jerk, the alpha male replies that she is a feminist thinking that it is an insult.
    That is what I know of alpha males

• Alpha males do indeed exist.. in the animal kingdom.

Even if human were somewhat related
    to monkeys, I'd like to think that humans
    have evolved a little beyond that.

• Just a silly notion made up by people around the world who need and want a valid excuse for their inflated ego's.

• You tell me if you can spot an alpha male

askmarion.files.wordpress.com/.../putinvsobama.jpg

• Much Alpha... So male

• I think it is an excuse guys use to justify being assholes

• My defenition of alpha male is
    -Most Responsible
    -Strong (physical and mental)
    -Rich (or at least knows how to make and manage money)
    -Smart (well educated)
    -Successful
    -Gets pussy
    -Doesnt end up in jail time after time
    -Social and loves to party

• Yeah for those businessman, who want simply to rip off your money by telling you stories how you can "easy" to pick up a girl to bang with.

• Yes, his name is Vladimir Putin.

• A lot of people will say that they don't believe in that stuff and that it's just bullshit but there are definitely a small percentage of men who are better at life and more successful with women than the rest.

• I exist. I'm not Batman though.

• Alpha males exist but not in the traditional sense as we see in the animal kingdoms.

What are kings or dictators etc. if not alpha, what are celebrities if not alpha males or females!!!

But our social structure is far more complex than any animals, so it's not in the exact way as alpha males are traditional defined.

• So also beta, theta, gamma, pie, eta males too :D

• Some guys who want to strut around and act like the king of the world want to believe in alpha males because they want to be one of the alpha males. Are some guys more adept at being leaders? Absolutely. Does that mean that they have sex with any woman on the planet. No way. Leaders exist but this testosterone-inflated idea of an alpha male is a fantasy.

• People are not like wolves but when a group of guys are together leadership will be sorted out by a subtle exchange of signals.