Is it okay to like a guy a couple of years younger than you?

Alright so I am like weirdly attracted to a guy that is two years younger than me. I know that when you are older it doesn't really matter as much (my mom is 5 years older than her husband) but I am 17 and he is 15 and I feel like that is a problem.. I mean honestly my ex was two years older than me and the younger guy that I like is way more mature than my ex ever thought he could be. But I am super attracted to him.. and we kinda flirt with each other a lot.. He works for my mom so..

Do I go for it or forget about it?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it's okay. Liking someone has no age limits.

• No it's not weird, my girlfriend is 17 and nobody judges us in fact I get praised by all my guy friends and I think she makes me more attractive because ever since we started dating more girls started flirting with me, it might be a problem if you look a lot older than him.

• two years is nothing in the long run. it´s totally fine. since you´ll turn 18 soon, watch that you don´t violate your local laws if you get physical with him though.

• Go for it I don't know why people seem to care about age a lot

• There is only a two year gap so it's not even illegal so go for it if it feels right

• what are you doing wasting your time here? go and get him!

• the guy would be lucky but you know he's still kind of underage and you'll be adult in a year

• It's ok but you're going to be disappointed.

• Just remember, you're about to be 18, a legal adult

What Girls Said 3

• If you were 20 and he was 18 and out of school I would say go for it. But right now he's really too young for you. I would let go of it for now and then see how things are in a few years.

• make sure everything is legal before you two get sexual. and you'll be graduating HS while he's still in it... you might have some issues with that.

• I think it's fine. Go for it!