Is this a date or no?

Hey so i was asked to go for drinks with a guy... I'm kind of wondering if it's a date or not, and the reason why I wonder is because he never compliments me or contacts me first. He's a very nice guy, I met him through friends, so I don't think he's trying to immediately get me into bed. I'm starting to wonder if I have a shy guy on my hands. But I'm mostly asking so I don't show up in a cute outfit and find out it was just a friendly outing all along. Also we're meeting around 9.

Yes it's just him and me

7

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I would never assume im on a date or assume I asked a girl on a date unless specified as such and agreed mutually by both parties.

going out for drinks can be totally casual that leads to asking for a date.

• If the invitation is just for you, and no other, then it is a date, and he may be the shy type guy. If he invited you, you should at least know you caught his eye. Go in a casual formal outfit. Comfortable most importantly.

• Yea its a date but just be calm and remember he's likely to want to pay for the drinks. Don't abuse the privilege. And he maybe shy but shy guys are awesome cause they tend to have cool stories and such. Enjoy yourself

• It sounds like a date, but I wouldn't worry too much if it's a first date. You should wear something nice if you are going out lol.

• You like those shy guys dont ya. Your waiting to devouring him huh, Don't lie

• If he's a nice shy guy it's a date.