Why are most people constantly searching for their romantic partners?

Like there are more important stuff in life, but all I see and all I hear is "relationship goals" "why are you single?" "I broke up with my boyfriend" "don't worry, you'll get over him and get a new one soon". It all sounds pretty dumb to me. Why Is it the only thing on their minds? I know that not all people are this way; I'm just wondering about those who think in such a manner. No offense to anyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• We seek out to find partners because we are lonely
    we need someone to feel that empty space in our hearts
    I'm Single because i just never met the right woman
    i'm not a guy who sleeps around or do Friends With Benefits
    I want something real in life that will result in long-term with
    a commitment that could result in possible marriage with kids,

Most Helpful Girl

• When you get older you start craving companionship and love. Then hanging out with friends or going to parties don't cut it anymore. You want that special someone in your life.

What Guys Said 3

• As @XRabbitHeartX said, once you reach a certain age (it's different for everyone, for me it was 19) , being single just doesn't cut it anymore. You can have as many friends as you want or you can be as close to your family a you want, but you'll realize that being alone just makes you feel bad. There is something missing. This feeling is normal but scary at times...

• Oh and as @LovesTVDx said, you develop a need for having such a person in your life. Because, as a child you got love from your parents ( it's a different kind of love of course) but as a young adult, you crave this kind of love.

• This mindset as been indoctrinated to us since birth. Plus, as teenagers we are pretty hormonal, if you know what I mean I'm currently struggling to rid myself of this mindset.

• because people love them very much :-)

What Girls Said 2

• It's a nice feeling to like someone and have them like you back. It's exciting!

• because everyone else does it.