How do I stop missing someone?

I was dating a guy for a few months and in that time I fell
for him, I don't believe in fate or soul mates but it just worked and felt like we were meant for each other. Things ended and I'm actually not sure why we just stopped seeing each other as much and eventually stopped talking where now we talk on occasion and he snapchats me every now and again.
Its been almost 3 months and I went on 5 dates with another guy and yet I'm still missing the first so much. How do I just move on and stop missing him and hoping that we'll meet again one day?

What Guys Said 1

• Go out with the girls, have fun, don't have primary thoughts about guys, think of your evenings and what you would like to do to fill them, it is hard to put a lover out the mind.
    If this is how you guys are now then the feed obs went cold, drop it and move on I say, there are 0000's of guys out there that will love you just as you want to be, go find him :)

What Girls Said 1

• Moving on is a process. It doesn't happen overnight. It's something that gradually happens as you focus on yourself, date other people and distance yourself from your ex. Three months might feel like a long time but when it comes to relationships/dating it's actually a very short time so you need more time. It's going to require patience and dedication but timing will heal the pain and make you miss him less and less. Also I'd suggest dating more guys and not just this one guy.