Am I not meant to be with someone?

Despite what it says on here I'm 18. I've never been in a relationship because all the guys I've like haven't liked me back which I can accept as I know not everyone will like me. Recently I've realised that maybe I'm not meant for anyone. This may seem dramatic but hear me out- my palms get sweaty after holding hands for a short amount of time, I'm not very attractive at all, I'm so unbelievably awkward with certain things like talking to people I hardly know and other situations as well, I absolutely hate my body there's something wrong with every bit of it and I can't look at myself without crying, I don't think I would be a good kisser because I have no idea what to do and it would be awkward having someone have to 'teach' me (I don't think a guy would waste his time when he can find a great kisser anywhere), I have actually kissed someone but I got so nervous that it only lasted 10 seconds and I laughed and hardly moved my lips, it really wasn't good at all. I don't think I'd be good at any sexual things either and I know that people don't want to be with someone that can't please them. I genuinely can't see me with any boy at all or having a guy tell me that he loves me and wants to marry me and have kids, which is want I really want when I'm older. When you're young, you just think that you'll find someone and they'll love you but I have realised that really isn't going to be the case for me. I don't want to be alone, or be the only one out of a group of friends that's alone, but I just don't think anyone would ever like me or bother with me, and I feel childish not knowing how to kiss or do other things at 18 because I'm an adult! Is there anything I can do so that I don't end up alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• your unbelievably normal and you are soon wrong. you are underestimating yourself , there are an unbelievable amout of people like you, i can confidently say just about everyone feels the way you do now, myself included, ur probably more attractive then you think, and everyone learns at there own pace, lol I've had only one kiss, was last year and she ran away after. so it could be worse haha. ur not childish , every negative thought and feeling is bs your fine u will have love at ur own pace. pm me if u need more help

• Thank you, but I am honestly not attractive and can accept that. I don't think anyone would go for me when there are amazing girls everywhere that are perfect for relationships. I can't hold someone's hand without it getting sweaty within a few minutes so I wouldn't be able to hold his hand. I don't think my person exists because I just don't see me with anyone ever.
      It is a relief to see that other people feel a certain amount of what I'm feeling. Also, that girl was horrible to do that to you and you will 100% meet a much better, loviler girl at some point hopefully soon because they're all around.

• Aww thank you, I really appreciate how confident you are that I'll find someone, no one else is haha! Those girls still have guys around their fingers, which is not what I want, I want a balanced equal relationship. The thing is that I'm always nervous, they even get sweaty holding my little brothers hand.
      Some people do get frightened quite easily like me haha, but she still shouldn't have fun off, you seem like a lovely person and there a definitely lovely girls around as well, I guess it's about when the time is right the you'll find your perfect girl.
      I can't post a 'how do I look' I'm far too scared to post a picture of myself, haha!

• then pm me ill tell you

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop worrying so much about it... you're young.. you'ev got a whole life ahead of you and plenty of time for romance and relationships.. just focus on building a life for yourself and enjoying what you've got.

If it makes you feel any better, I was single all through high school and the majority of my twenties. There's nothing wrong with that. It's better than settling into mediocre relationships just for the sake of not being alone.

• Thank you, I do want to wait for someone special but I'm worried that because I won't be good at anything he won't be interested. Also, I won't be able to even hold his hand without it getting sweaty within a few minutes and that's just so embarrassing I don't know if I could. I don't think anyone would be interested in me anyways, they honestly could get a lot better anywhere they go.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Don't be so nervous all the time. Let people know who you are and what you are like.