Guys, Fun 2nd date I said thanks and that I had a good time when he dropped me off, should I send a thank you text the next day?

I had a really fun 2nd date ( really 1st if you don't count the first meeting coffee) with a guy I met online he followed up after out first coffee date planned, paid, went out of his way to get me home and generally did all the right things on the 2nd date. I did say thank you and that I had a good time at the end of the night. It ended with a hugged and a kiss on the cheek and there was chemistry. I was going to send a thank you text later the day after but am getting conflicting advice so people say yes to show you are interested and other say no he needs to chase.

I have a female friend ( 200% platonic) who often sends a little 'last night was fun' text when we hang out and I like it because it show she values my company, but of course this is a bit different.

Ultimately it’s not a big deal but I am curios as to how guys generally see this.

Guys what's your take, does it

a) show interest in him

b) make you lose interest because I look 'too eager"

c) not needed if I said thanks already

d) ?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• You could send it, you don't need him to chase, your older now and don't need to play those games

What Guys Said 6

• I say go for it, I never understood the whole idea of being to into somebody. "oh no, a girl really likes me! I better dump her." Seems so stupid. So I would say go for it, obviousley don't gush or anything that might seem a little odd but yeah it seems perfectly reasonable, polite, and shows you really like him.

• Tell him you had fun and would like to see him again. Why would you hide your emotions if you actually liked him. Imagine being in his shoes "well I had fun... guess she didn't, did I do something wrong? Oh well guess strawberry jelly bean (random dating site user name) likes my profile and wants to meet up. Maybe she'll like me more?"

• If I were him I'd like a text saying you had a good time. Not every guy likes a chase. We're all different. That text would certainly make my day brighter :). Good luck

• Well everyone likes to be shown some appreciation so go for it. :)

• Wait for him to make contact, we love the chase.

• if you had fun then go for it. it's not like you are buying a house with them or naming the future kids.