Guys, is it okay if I ask my boyfriend to come take care of me when I'm sick?

I live by myself and I have Food poisoning. He's asked me if I want him to come stay with me to look after me. He's seen me hurl before, but I feel bad asking him to take care of me when I'm this sick. I do want him to come, just for comfort and because I really hate throwing up and he usually rubs my back and stuff- it sounds dumb but my family lives across the country and he's the only person I'm okay with being this vulnerable around.
Guys, would you do this for your girlfriend? Would it make her seem gross to you?
Weve been together for three years if that makes any difference.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If my girlfriend asked me to come take care of her I'd be half way there before she can change her mind. Vulnerability isn't something to be ashamed of its apart of the bonding. Yea its embarrassing to be sorta like a baby but its nice having some one whos not afraid or going to let you be miserable alone. Knowing my girlfriend shed pinnch my cheeks really hard for coming to her aid out of embarrassment

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah, isn't that what where for? Why wouldn't he want to make you feel better?

• I'd look after my girlfriend after 3 hours. 3 minutes even. If you've been together 3 years, then he should be there as much as possible to be with you and help look after you

• if my girlfriend was that sick, she wouldn't have to ask me. I would be there day and night if it meant she felt better.

The fact that he has already asked if you want him there means he doesn't mind :)

• I would do that for my girlfriend if she asked me to because I love her and if being with her makes her feel better then yes I will be with her when she is sick.

• Are you kidding? You've been together three years I would do this for like a coworker or acquaintance. So yeah you should have him come over. I'm sure he really wants to too.

• Wow that's asking for a lot you know lol I can't imagine a lover being there for the other while there sick... wow what a prince

• Yes I would definitely take care of my girlfriend when she's sick, any guy who doesn't is just a dick

• Haha I know and he's usually really wonderful about doing it. I'm just really sick- I've been throwing up every 15-20 minutes. He did come over and he's been amazing I just don't want him to think I'm gross now.

• He's not gonna think you're gross. Everyone throws up when they have food poisoning lol.

• If he offered then he obviously wants to do it

• do it its fine he wanted to be sweet let him be sweet.

• Don't you guys have a butler to do that?

• if he has seen you puke your guts up and is still coming back that is a very good sign.

• take care of you like sexually? yes it's ok :)

• Haha no nothing fun at this point. He usually holds my hair and rubs my back and tummy and stuff. My mom lives across the country so he's all I've got when I feel like this. I just don't want him to be grossed out or not want to be with me because I'm so sick. It's happening every 20 minutes at this point.
      I'll obviously make it up to him when I'm better hahaha