Why I never get approached by guys?

It really gets me down sometimes. I feel like the sloth from Ice Age because nobody wants to date me. *Forever Alone*
But seriously, it's been really tough lately, because all my friends have boyfriends and I am alone in the corner singing 'I JUST WANT SOMEBODY TO LOVE ME".
Ahem, not really but close. So, I guess there has to be another girl with at least similiar problem. How do you cope with it? With ice cream and binge watching series?
And guys, what do you think, what's the problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• The question of
    "Why I never get approached by guys?"

We can't answer that , we don't even know you till the moment this question popped up but what we do know is the way you go about things.

Look... let me put it this way.
    There's two ways to go about relationships.

The first way.
    The flower.
    topwalls.net/.../Purple-Flower-Field-.jpg

Ahhhh... a field of flowers. Magnificent ain't it.
    All they have to do is sit there and wait for a hard working honey bee to come by... but sometimes... it's not honeybees. Sometimes... it's locusts and since you're a flower... you can't run and well... good luck to them.

The second way.
    The butterfly.
    onehdwallpaper.com/.../...Butterfly-Wallpapers.jpg
    Be the one who proactively select flowers. The power is in its wings. They get to CHOOSE who to land on.

Eventually everyone will be but the difference is... do you want to let fate take the wheel or do you want to take control of your fate and control your destiny?

From what I've read so far it seems you've selected the passive route. Which is okay. Us as the human society have fostered the female gender as some sort of passive being that waits for prince charming to come sweeping them off their feet.

The Sleeping Beauty , awoken by the wandering prince.
    Rapunzel , rescued by a prince who defeated the evil witch.
    Little Red Riding Hood , rescued by the Woodsman who just comes along and kills the wolf out of sheer chance.

Rarely did anyone ask the princess...
    "Is that who you really want?"

People just assumes they want the prince , and the princess... weirdly enough obliged.
    Perhaps it's time to stop asking the question.
    "Why I never get approached by guys?"
    But to start asking the question.
    "What kind of guys do you want? What have you done to get the guy you want?"

Hmmm... maybe I should write a myTake for this.

• Hmm... you made good connections with fairytales and modern dating. But I never saw myself as someone to be swept of my feet but I could get less passive, now when I think about it.
      Sure, go on, write MyTake on this, I'm sure that lavander fields and butterflies are going to be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• You learn to live with it.. its the only way to not go mentale

What Guys Said 11

• We all blossom at different times and it's very difficult if we're a late bloomer. All I can tell you is to not get down on yourself. The issue is with them so stay as attractive as you can and hold on. Your day is coming.

• I know how you feel I have the exact same problem you do. :( Anyway do you flirt with men you find attractive? Women need to let men know it is ok and that they want them to approach.

• Well, you are good looking enough of a young lady to attract guys on physical grounds. It might be your environment or personality issues. Nonetheless, from your profile picture, you have no problems there and are plenty hot enough.

• You must be putting some off vibes or defense of some sort. In any case if the guys aren't approaching you, then you should initiate and approach them :)

• Can't say. You have a great smile and you are pretty cute. Seem fairly intelligent in introspective. If I were 19 I'd be interested.

Hang in there. Life is long!

• you look very cute on your profile pic, i would feel nervous to go up to you because id feel like you would reject me. im sure im not the only guy that feels like that

• Cuz I don't get paid enough to run around lowering my self respect enough to ask completely random girls out

• Well, why don't you approach guys then?

• We call it life, don't we? Some people win, some people lose.

• You win or you die, huh? You take to bed or you sleep alone.
      There is no middle ground in dating life.

• Have you gotten any approaches within the last month that you asked this?

• I'm sorry? (filler)

What Girls Said 1