Guys, is my guy friend jealous when other guys flirt with me?

So I spent the day with my friend, her brother and his friend. His friend was relentless with his pickup lines and would not stop flirting with me. Not that I particularly cared. It was kinda refreshing. He made me laugh. But I have no feelings for him and he has no feelings for me. But my friends brother (who she has repeatedly told me he isn't interested in me) got mad and snapped at his friend every time he hit on me. Or he would start to compete with him. And he got super sweet to me. Instead of his usual teasing, he told me I'm beautiful. I don't understand. He also misheard me and thought I said I had a boyfriend. When I corrected him he said good. He told me that every guy on my "list" is competition. I laughed and joked that he's not even competing. He told me that he's been competing since he saw me. I didn't know how to reply. He's never acted that way towards me. Was he jealous? If he was, does that mean he likes me? If so, we have some sorting out to do. I've had a crush on him for like ever. But I could get over it if I didn't have the nagging feeling that he likes me back. What do you gentlemen think?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• He obviously likes you and is scared to admit it. If it gets to the point that he won't tell you after a couple of weeks then tell him you like him and that you know he likes you. That way everything is out in the open and the ball is in his court. Some guys are extremely nervous when it comes to asking a girl out. This little nudge will help him out a lot.

What Guys Said 3

• If he said that "list" is his competition then of course he likes you! And that he's been wanting to get at you since he saw you? You can't be that dense! I think the only other thing he could do is shoot a firework in the sky to proclaim that he likes you!

• Well, I'm not. I'm pretty sure he likes me. But he told me I'm one of his best friends. So it's kinda confusing me.

• Yup it's jealousy. Obvious.

• well you said he was a guy friend so he may see you as a sister or a future girlfriend on either hand he would likely want to keep you away from sleeze bags.