Girls, 23 year old guy living at home while going to school for second bachelor degree - a turn off?

Okay, so here is my situation. I am a 23 year old guy who just recently graduated from college with a bachelor of science. Due to a lack of internship/work experience and majoring in a degree field that is overcrowded, I have decided to go back to school and pursue a second bachelor degree in computer science as well as pursue internships in order to right the wrongs I made the first time around. I got my degree from a state university that was several hours away from my hometown and kind of on the expensive end of tuition/room and board. So I have decided that in order to minimize additional student loan debt for my second degree I will attend a smaller university that is located only a mile or two from my house and live at home. By living at home and driving my car to class, I can save an additional $30,000 in room/board in total. However, my concern is that it will be socially damaging to do so. My question is, with respect to dating, would college aged girls (young women) find it a turn-off for a 23 year old guy to be living at home while in college and pursuing a second bachelors in degree?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• This is actually a very smart, wise way for a young person to proceed with their life. I don't find it to be a turn off at all so long as he has a financial strategy and an exit plan in tact. It only becomes a turn off when it's clear that he has no definitive plan for his feature beyond comfortably enjoying the fruit of his parent's labor.

Being blessed and fortunate enough to have parents who will allow you to live at home while you establish yourself as an adult is an amazing gift that you should be proud of. Don't be ashamed for one second. For a lot of people at your age, one or both of their parents are either deceased, absent in their lives, or not reliable enough to provide that type of extended support. So don’t feel self-conscious about what some judgmental, overly critical women may think. You are simply taking advantage of a major blessing in your life. But you really need to make sure you set a plan in action that will give you the full benefit of this gift. I would recommend establishing two savings account: one standard savings account and one for emergencies. Make financial goals, practice financial literacy, and plan to leave with $1,000 minimum saved.

What Girls Said 6

• No a lot of 23 year olds live at home. It isn't till like 25+ that it starts being an issue for most women

• Actually this is a turn on... I like ambitious men, and you sound like you are one, I don't see why living with your parents would be a turn off ^_^ Guys who have strong family bonds and who work hard are a +++

• if ur smart and u will be abel to move out if things get seriouse idgaf just dont live in the basement, fat, and always playing video games thats the tur off

• Nahh dude. I think in your situation, It's a smart move. Save yourself from that 30k and pay off loans.

• I think that's a smart move.

• not at all a real woman will have your back and build an empire with you.