Who pays for the dates (or at least the first date)?

I'm a firm believer of going halfsies because the guys i date and I have no jobs or source of income, so I feel like its only fair to pitch in both of our allowance money, lol.

• The guy
  • The girl
  • Whoever asked for a date
  • Whoever was asked out
  • Half and half
  • Whoever makes more money

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a firm believer in splitting it too.

"Whoever asks pays" only applies when it's very short notice or a surprise, because otherwise that's not as fair as it sounds.

If you're going steady then you can mix up who pays if you like. But early on when you have no idea how it's going to turn out, you shouldn't be throwing money at people, except maybe if they are a friend, but even with that it could go either way, guy or girl.

I'd love to see someone vote B. I think I'd be wonderful to have someone just pay for me, why is it that being a guy makes me completely removed from that experience? That sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• The individual who asks should pay for the first date. I asked my boyfriend out. So I drove to his house, picked him up, drove to dinner, paid for dinner, drove to the homecoming dance, paid for tickets, drove him home, and walked him to his door. I do classy lol

What Guys Said 15

• I'm old so i'm going with the guy, even at your age, though I never did anything particularly expensive. The girl would occasionally pay after we'd been out a few times.

• I chose C. I don't like half and half because that kind of kills the romance in it. Paying should be seen as a gesture so the person asking out is showing they appreciated the time of the person they asked out for their time that they gave away to spend time with them.

Also I think dinner is a terrible first date.

• If it's the first date it should be the one who asked out, even though I like to be the one to paid (not that any girl has ever been the one asking me out anyway haha). After the first date it should be split 50-50.

• hmmm... it think whatever the partners decide, go with that. I too split my bill. :(

*But i sure do miss the days when men would treat out a lady and pay for her... only in my dreams... sigh!!
    I miss it with all my heart, where is a time machine when you need one

• We just shared when I was your age

But the older you get, it's mostly guys that pay. lol I've if seen girls that get everything paid for, it's out of this world I tell you

If I agree or not? I think if you have it sharing is better, if your short on cash then she should be ok with it and not expect it

• Half and half it is the most sensible

• Where I live, in most dates, the guy still pays.

• The etiquette is who ever asks for the date pays but the benefactor can offer to pay. But it's best for the relationship if everyone just pays for their own potion.

• Lol no one said the girl.
    Personally I prefer to always go Dutch.
    https://imgflip.com/i/ph2gc

• It should always be the girl.
    Im kidding... equal parts, both can pay half.

But, maybe if it was me inviting her, maybe i could pay this one first time.

• This is where the whole 'dog ate my wallet' trick is great. So that the worst outcome is always free food.

• if i invite a person out its me if they invite me out its them

• Hey everybody its A

• The guy! Because equality!

• society says the guy which I think is bull but I say half and half.

What Girls Said 8

• Whoever asks for the date should pay. You're paying as a way to thank the other person for their time and company.

• I would say that you should assume that you are going to go halves. However if the person who asked for the date wants to pay then its a nice gesture and I wouldn't stop them. Just don't assume this is going to be the case.

• why are you dating guys with no jobs or source of income? you are playing yourself right there. a guy with no source of income needs to get some hustle about himself and get his priorities right. stop chasing skirts and chase some job applications

• if guy asks me out then i would like him to pay for the first one.. maybe i m old fashioned. but that's what a gentleman would do.. and we would go halfsies from the second one.. :)

• Either half and half or whoever asked the other out for the date. Of course if it's option two it would be nice to take turns so it's not the one person paying all the time.

• I pay for myself you pay for yourself.

• At your age definitely go dutch 😂✌️ But anyone over 21 should take the lady out on the first date

• I think that the guy should pay on the dates, but you have to do you part. You have to always be ready and offer to pay (except the first date). When he lets you, pay.
    The girl might spend a lot of time and money for things like buying a new outfit, styling her hair, doing her nails and making herself look perfect.