Help! I'm going on my first tinder date tonight?

I've been texting this guy on tinder for a little over a week, and he seems really nice, and he invited me to a café this evening. I've never been on a tinder date before, let alone an actual date so I'm quite nervous. I made it clear to him that I wasn't a one-night-stand and he seemed to respect that and genuinely wanted to get to know me.
Is there anything I should be aware of? any tips for going on a date?

Oh, and the oh-so-famous question: What should I wear?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep it casual. It is just a cafe, which is great for a first date. You don't know yet if you will click IRL yet, so this way you are not forced to sit for a long time and potentially waste time and money (while he will likely insist to pay, you should still offer and do so if you can).

Dont even treat it as a date! You will be far less scared and be more natural which is great, wait until the actual date to go all out! but by then you already know if you guys click so way less stress! For me, going in thinking we will either click or we won't made my first date one of the best ever!

by the way I am currently dating the same girl I met form tinder 8 months later, so people can do more than just hook up on there!

Most Helpful Girl

• ok first of all get there by yourself. Drive your own car and don't let him pick you up before meeting him in person and actually making sure that he is not some phsycho freak stalker.

Meeting up at a cafe is perfect. It is a casual setting and leaves room to bail on the date if it will not go anywhere. You can finish the coffee and leave.
    If things go well and you click, then you can go grab a bite maybe.

My advice is to not drink alcohol exessively. Like only as much as you can handle without feeling tipsy.

Dress comfortably but stylish. Like a nice pair of jeans with some nice heels and a nice shirt. Maybe add a cool scarf... That's dressed up enough to go eat or a bar but casual enough to seem effortless. like this maybe:
    http://img.allw.mn/content/r0/z5/mho4ryw6.jpg
    http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/emily.jpg
    aelida.com/.../black-and-white-outfit.jpg
    aelida.com/.../cool-stylish-day-date-outfit.jpg

the most important thing is to not have any expectations of the date, keep it spontaneus and light. Think of it as if you were meeting a friend to catch up.

What Guys Said 6

• Please oh please, do not EXPECT him to pay for whatever it is that you order. If he does that's his choice, but it shouldn't change a thing.

• tror ikke du behøver dit fineste dress.. det er jo bare en café :) - og lad være med at bestille det samme som ham, det er lidt kedeligt :P

• Dress for weather be on time, and have an escape plan :3 gl

• Two pairs of panties on and a pair of tights. Enjoy your date

• Yeah, just have fun. It's only a date, not the end of the world.

Wear something you feel good in.

• Be prepared to be disappointed.

What Girls Said 3

• Wear something that will make you feel comfortable. I would go with jeans and a tank or yogas or active wear just something that would look cute as well as me just being myself in a casual setting. Don't sleep with him then he might take it for a ons

• Be yourself
    Don't dress up too much, but not too sloppy either
    Don't talk about your ex, nobody wants to hear that..
    Don't be on your phone, that's rude
    I would say "don't talk about sex" but you said Tinder, so I don't know

• You should be kind of cautious since you did meet him online and try to dress casual&cute because you're just going to a cafe and don't want to look like you're trying too hard but still wanna look cute. Maybe a summer dress? I know you're probably like,16 year-old giving dating advice? WTH but I can assure you, I'm really mature for my age and although every one says that, I really mean it& wish this helps. Good luck on your date!