A compliment for a girl who doesn't like them?

I'm kind of dating this girl, but she doesn't really like loads of attention and when I try to compliment her she always just disagrees. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• She struggles a little with believing that someone sees her that way so just keep it very real. If she looks nice in her outfit, just keep it simple and say "you wear that well" or "that looks good on you. Ready to go?" Slip it in among another line and don't let the compliment hang in the air, if that makes sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• just keep the compliments light and spread apart, only compliment her when you feel like she would believe she truly deserved it. like if she helped an elderly person from falling down.

• she might still brush it off but deep down she truly appreciates it

• yes deep down she truly appreciates it and did not hate you or make you less attractive in anyway. so just keep her happy :)

What Girls Said 4

• I could be wrong but girls like compliments... when that say they don't its usually because they're too insecure to feel that the compliment is true. Maybe instead of just saying a compliment... make her feel the compliment? So instead of just saying she's beautiful, make her feel beautiful by saying, i dunno about how there is 7.3 billion people on the planet and you hit the lottery by finding the most beautiful person on Earth. how lucky are your eyes amirite? :P

• Either modesty or she really sees herself as ugly.

I'd say don't worry about it as I believe despite her saying that she doesn't like it, I think she does.

Kind of like when you get a present for someone and they say "Aww you didn't have to."

Haha.

• Try to give her some compliments out of the ordinary. Indtead of "you're beautiful" try something like "i really like the way you..." Or if she's a intelligent girl try to say that you admire the way she see's the world etc

• Just keep complimenting her whenever you normally would. Whenever she disagrees tell her that you're being honest and that she is awesome/beautiful/etc. Eventually she'll com around when she trusts you more.

• **come around

What Guys Said 1