Am I obliged to go on another date with him if he paid for the date?

I like him but I felt like there was no spark. He took me for quite an expensive meal, and I did offer to split with him but he refused.

Is it only common decency to go on another date with him because he paid quite a bit?
Can chemistry develop with more dates?

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question. Personally it would depend on how bad the met was. If I knew absolutely 100% without a single doubt this person is no good for me, then I would not go out no matter what they spent. In general, I would try at least a couple of dates to determine if was something was there. First dates are hard to judge people with. Many people try too hard, some are way too nervous, so therefore it can be hard to find the real you. Not only that but most people are pretty complicated and have many layers to them that simply cannot be discovered with one date. So I would go on a second date. If it doesn't work out, then you can walk away totally guilt free that you tried your best and equalized the money spent.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, i would try to give him another chance if i believe it could work out between us. First dates aren't always the best cause everything feels awkward and he was probably nervous... but don't feel obliged to do anything you don't want to.

What Guys Said 9

• Fuck that, you aren't obliged to do shit. You offered to pay half the date and he refused, so you're not a gold digger or anything.

I mean, sometimes first dates don't work out too well, guy might've been nervous, etc. I would give it another shot personally, but after that, yeah, that's really about it.

• You don't have to, but since you still like him, you should give him another chance, maybe the next time there'll be a spark. If after that there's nothing, then just politely tell him it's not going to work.

• No, you don't have to if you don't want to. You offered to pay him back but he refused, so you don't owe him anything.

• You're not obligated to do anything but of you like him but you're unsure then give him another chance I guess. But if you really don't see it going anywhere then just tell him you just don't feel the chemistry and be honest. No point in leading him on.

I've made the mistake of continuing on seeing a girl who liked me that I didn't like back because they were nice and into me. It's a waste of time for both parties and you could keep receiving unwanted attention.

• No, you should never be obliged to go on a second date. He sounds like a real gentleman though :) maybe something will develop with another date or two.

Also I think it's great you offered to pay half. A lot of girls I know actually say they wanna find a date because they want a nice meal or something. (I work in a pretty low payed job though so that might have something to do with it.

• You're not obligated to do anything you don't want to do.

• Some girls will try it once more, others not.

• If the chemistry isn't there then your hearts telling you this isn't for me

• For an expensive meal, you are hereby obligated to have sex with him at least twice.

What Girls Said 2

• No, don't lead him on cause u feel bad

• no need to go.