Would you date someone with oral herpes?

Not trying to offend anyone just curious

• Yes
  • No
  • I have herpes
  • IDC

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I don't have oral herpes and I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ORAL HERPES so No.

• You realize almost 90% of Americans carry the virus right? you just severely limited your dating pool and now you have to ask before you so much as kiss a person... many don't even realize they have it with almost no breakouts and when we do get them, it is called a cold sore... same thing. Most people get it from friends or family even before 18...

• Yes considering like 90% of the population carries that virus even if it never manifests with sores.

• Literally my first kiss gave me oral herpes. I get mild outbreaks every few years.

• Most of the population has it, already so yes. Most people have already dated someone with oral herpes.

• Interesting down-vote.

• So many NO votes wth? Majority of population has it. I don't have it but... I probably would

• I would only do it if her doctor said I should/could

• Unless you have never kissed a person before the chances of having oral herpes is like 80-90%. Most people just don't have cold sores but that doesn't mean you don't have it and it's infectious even with no visible symptoms.

• Do you have it? Its common yet a deal breaker for some

• I most likely have it. I've never had a cold sore. Those people that think it's a deal breaker don't realize how common it actually is and they themselves probably already have it. When you go to hospitals for sti tests you have to specifically ask them to check for HPV-1 because they don't even bother checking for that because they just assume you have it.

• HSV-1 not HPV sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah. If that's a deal breaker for you, you might want to check your standards.