Are there guys who like to know a girl before taking her on a date?

Like are there some guys who want to be friends first? I mean in movies and TV you see guys who think a girl is cute and immediately ask her out after approaching her and having like a one second exchange. But how often does that happen in reality? Do guys like to be friends with a girl first usually?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel really uncomfortable asking out random girls that i just met. So yes, i prefer to have been friends with her for a while before asking her out. I'd probably do a lot of flirting so she doesn't lose interest. But i prefer to get to know someone through friendship rather than asking them out.

• So do you think in reality the majority of guys prefer being friends first or the majority of guys prefer immediately asking a girl out?

• Yes. But they are usually the guys who get friendzoned. Unless they happen to be both shy AND attractive.

• He's shy and really really hot

Most Helpful Girl

• There are, but they are completely rare.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm still getting to be friends with the girl I like, so yeah, we're out there. If I can't be her best friend, I can't be her lover.

• It all depends on the guy. The more outgoing the personality, the more likely the guy is to ask for a date right away. I'm a very shy person; I have to get to know someone before I could work up the courage to actually ask them out. But I know guys who wouldn't bat an eye at walking right up to a girl and asking for a date. Sometimes they even get it, lol.

• i do like to get to know someone before dating them

What Girls Said 0