Has anyone here every dated an older man, if so what was it like?

When I say older, I mean like 10-15 years old?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I am. I'm 29, dating a guy who is 14 years older than me (43). We started dating in my final year of college (I was 19, he was 33. Everything has been going great. There are some things that are harder, but there's perks and things are going really great.

• Does he every make feel like a child? And does it feel like he his is the parent... This how the tables turn for me... and as I got older, I wanted more sex, he on the other was losing his sex drive... It's something to think about... it's great now but it can turn later down the road.

• @Katley Of course, especially since they're older so their appearances age a lot more than ours do until we get around their age. It was the lack of respect that changed it as well. It also depends on the understanding. Your case is a common case where it does tend to happen like that.

• @katley If you're happier now, it doesn't matter how the older man treated you. Everything is a learning experience

What Girls Said 11

• When I was 21 I dated a 31 year old. He was a great guy so it worked nicely at the time, but I don't imagine it would have been as great a few years down the road as he entered his mid thirties and I was just finishing uni and still in party mode. Even when we were dating he was geowing out of that phase and it only wasn't an issue because when we were datinf I was temporarily in a new city and didn't really have any friends other than him and my brother, so we mostly just hung out and smoked weed.

• Okay. I was 23 when I met my husband married when I turn 24. We were married nineteen years. Then we divorce. What do you really want know... help out here..:)

• If your talking about dating: my x was 36 when started dating. He was a gentleman, I got flowers almost every other week. I didn't want to know his age at first because I didn't want feel I was dating my father... yikes. He had his priorities straight... But then was coming out of his first marriage. I wonder about why she left and it was because she couldnt have kids... And other issues.. I just enjoyed going out and being treated like a lady... we would go out to eat (a lot) we enjoyed each other company... like the same things, I thought... He was a charmer... but if you want to know how it ended... that's another story...

• The word awkward best sums it up but was mitigated heavily as we both love to dance all night.

• It was weird kinda...

• I usually date guys that are 10-13 years older. They're appreciative, direct, and passionate. I greatly enjoy it.

• Yep. Just like dating a younger guy but with more money xD

• No, but I would like to know what it's like.

• Yeah it's not even worth trying its a waist of time and you only get hurt

• I was 18 and dated a 30 year old for a short period of time. Surprisingly he didn't seem to want much sex, and treated me fine. But the obvious age difference made everything slightly awkward, made him seem desperate, made me seem immature. We knew it just wouldn't work out. I ended up cutting all contact with him.

• Currently 23 and dating a 34 year old. Weve known each other for 6 years and have been dating for 4 and i couldnt be happier.

• Not that old