Did I ruined my chance?

I went out with this girl I've been talking to lately, and her friends where there but they gave us enough space to talk to each other so I ended up suggesting for us to go out one of these days on our own and she said she always wanted to go to this club and this other place... So I felt positive.

Long story short when we took off I called her 15 min later to see if she arrived home ok and she acted awkward with me on the phone, so I told her ok just wanted to know and ended up the call. I felt so dumb. Did I screwed up?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's probably just shy and didn't have her little safety net of female friends to look to for support. Also, she could have been around family or her parents or someone that she didn't feel comfortable with hearing her end of the conversation. That, or she might have felt like, "It's been 15 minutes.. why is he calling?" - even though it's courteous to call her to say thanks for the day and to make sure she got home okay.

I wouldn't read too much in to it. You got a green light to see her again and I would just take that as a good sign. You can always just try texting where she wouldn't have to actually talk out loud in front of people and ask her if you caught her at a bad time earlier. Or just leave it for a day or so and ask her if she still wants to go to one of the places she said she did.

I think people read too much in to things like this when it's so early in the friendship/relationship to know what is going on. If there was any indicator that she didn't want to see you you would have known when you saw her. She wouldn't have agreed to see you again and she wouldn't have wanted to talk to you alone, she would have used her friends as a crutch. I'm pretty sure she was just shy and shocked you were thinking of her enough to call.

What Girls Said 6

• You didn't screw up. You were straight up (which is good) and she simply didn't reciprocate - which believe it or not, is a good thing. This shows you two weren't compatible and that she was uninterested, which likely has more to do with her preferences than it does with you. In this situation I don't think you did anything wrong at all, I think you got to the point and this girl just wasn't feeling you.

• Ok so you asked me to help, here i am... I think she sounds a little immature to be dealing with an adult grown up relationship. I am 31 and in the space of 5 years, the dating game became exactly that, a game. For us it used to me you texted as much as you wanted as it was fun, u were happy for them to know you were thinking of them and interested... now its stupid. Its like 'maybe if i dont act interested he will know i am interested and he will be interested too' WTF?

Maybe next time just drop a text to her... its a sweet gesture but not too much. If you spend the whole evening talking, she maybe panicked that you were wanting to start talking again and had run out of material. At least the text you can just say 'hey, had fun tonight, let me know you got home ok :)' and see what happens

• What? No, not at all. Actually it was extremely nice of you to actually call and check up on her. she's probably shy on the phone. Honestly its not even you. Don't worry about it!

• Why don't you just text her sometime and see? Don't dwell on it.

• I don't think I really have enough information to call the situation but it seems as though it's something on her end, I don't think you did anything wrong or dumb.

• You screwed up.

What Guys Said 1

• Yep, you screwed up. Too much investment too quickly. Back off if you want to salvage things.