Advice, 36 dating a 21 year old?

Sex aside, is it smart for a 36 year old to date a 21 year old?
Having doubts as to whether it's a smart investment in my time

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not expect a 21 year old o stay with you forever, she would likely want to party or at least try new guys.

• Exactly what I am thinking

• its just a phase, we all think we have life figured out at 20, just see how different you are by late 20s then get back to us on this.

• Yeah, I like how the majority of no's are from men and women over 25...
      I think i'm possibly letting a good one slip away, but yeah, a lot of men do say women under 23 are not the smartest investment

What Girls Said 5

• Ehhhh it could turn into a long term thing but I wouldn't really count on it.

• Slippery slope this one. Out of my experience I would say not a good idea. I was the same age when I started a relationship with a man in his late thirties. We grew up apart because I was still young and developing my personality. Between the age of 20 and 25 you change A LOT!

If you just want to have a good time and just enjoy the moment without thinking of building a future with her than.. yeah why not?

• If you're doubting it, doesn't that tell you something?

Maturity levels are way different.

• If you live her and she loves you and you think she's right for you then follow through

• 21 is grown up, so yeah it's fine.

What Guys Said 5

• This is a very difficult question that all revolves what you're looking for at this point in your life, as well as what she wants, and how your personalities mesh etc. In general, the age thing doesn't matter as much as the personality issues. I mean most 21 year olds are boring to most 36 year olds, but obviously that depends on the people. What time are you going to waste if I may ask? I mean, if you're looking for a wife then maybe you are wasting time. If you're just enjoying your life, then you're not.

• Great points on both perspectives

• If she's mature, why not? If she's still "finding herself" I would be careful about taking it too seriously.

• Lol she's thinks of you as just a fling because I don't think a 21 yr old is looking to get married

• Who said I am looking for marriage?

• .3. Well that changes everything go on ahead then

• Haha, yeah I am just unsure atm... Amazing girl, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's ahead

• Sure go for it however I have heard older men get irritated with younger girls

• Enjoy the fun while it lasts.
    Sooner or later, you'll probably find that you want completely different things, and have very different expectations.

And she'll probably need another 10-15 years or so of whoring around, before she's ready to commit to anything serious... and by that time you'll be in your 50's.

Get attached to this girl, and she WILL break your heart.

• That's pretty much what's in the back of my mind mate