Guys, are age and looks important factors in a relationship?

• Yes
    48% (28)
  • No
    7% (4)
  • Kinda
    45% (26)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks? Yes, i have to be attracted to her. I'm not a shallow prick with unrealistic standards. In fact, the only things she has to have is a pretty face, in the "average" weight range, be shorter than me, and have an above average ass. Although i know what my ideal woman is (down to the smalles measurements) i don't hold dating prospects to those standards. I only hold them to the standards stated above. But its obviously not ALL about looks; because looks are what attract me, and personality is what makes me stay. I have relatively low standards for looks, but my standards are sky high when it comes to personality.

Age? Yes, it still matters. Its not something that interferes with initial attraction. As in, just because she is older than i would like her to be, doesn't necessarily mean she would be unnattractive to me. But since i plan for the future, i try to date women a couple years younger than me, or at most the same age as me, because lets face it, looks fade when you age, and i don't want her looks to go down the drain before mine.

What Guys Said 21

• On a scale of 1-10 (1 being fugly, 5 being completely average and 10 being a supermodel) I only care if the girl is under 5. As long as she is at least average looking then I'm fine with dating her. Anything over 5 is just a bonus. Age doesn't matter to me as long as she is of legal age or she isn't significantly older than me. The most important thing when it comes to dating a girl is her pesonality and our overall chemistry. That being said, my rules and requirements for age aren't absolute (as long as she's legal).

• Would you date a 97 year old? No? Then age is important.
    Would you date someone who was 700 lbs? No? Then looks are important.
    It's not a question of whether they're important. They're definitely important. It all just depends on how old and how "attractive" you're willing to go.

• It's a solid C.

For younger people, looks and an age close to your own is quite important.
    As you grow older, looks become less of a primary factor, and larger age gaps become more acceptable.

An old geezer like me, doesn't care too much about age or looks.
    Of course, nothing too young, nothing too old... but pretty much anything between 28 and 45.
    Regarding looks, really, what matters is that they make an effort to look their best, I know I do.
    They don't have to be knockout models, but they've got to work what they've got, in order for me to be attracted, get it?

Truth is, everybody has their own preferences, and are attracted to different things.
    And these change as you grow older and learn what qualities the other person must have to make you happy in a relationship.

Remember, looks and age never stays the same - but character often changes very little.

• im sorry but i had to say kinda cause i believe some physical chemistry is important,

a totally hot girl to one person might be meh to someone else its just just about looks for chemistry, i was teased for staring at a girl in middle school who i thought was a goddess and the guys were like... her really?

age is really open for me, you just have to find the right guy

• No not for me
    My first crush was 8 years older than me 😶?
    Looks I don't know cause I am not good looking

• I want to say it is weired to say age is not a real proplem.
    Because i dont feel it is normal to marry old people who r older than u about 20 or 10 or 30

• I think obviously

Probably 60 looks and 40 personality

• They kind of are...

• now if its like my age and a girl that like 15, then thats a problem, cuz that guy, regardless what the girl says, will go to prison for dating a minor. but if the age difference is like 5 to 7 years difference, the i see that is being ok. looks to me well, as long as the girl have super cute thighs and a super cute flat stomach then every thing is is fine

• Yes, because honestly I want to be in a relationship in which me and my partner are attracted to each other, but the definition of attractive varies of course. And I'm 15 so I wouldn't really date someone a year older or younger than me because I'd feel far to awkward with either.

• As a general rule, I don't involve myself with older women or anyone more than two years younger than me.

• Looks are kinda important, even though I don't mind dating an average girl, all my crushes are always older than I am.

• What do you think about it?

• I would prefer an average looking girl who is not older than me or more than 5 years apart

• if you are under 18 for most guys. it's a nope, not going near that.

• Age : nah
    Looks : 6/10 and above

• yea isn't that ovbious?

• Of COURSE they are! Why wouldn't they be?

• Age for me nor so much, but look very much. Too much weight turns me off, but mainly because I try so hard to lose weight.

• Kinda, I mostly care about a personality in a woman.

• The younger the people are the more age matters. A 6 year gap isn't a big deal for people in their 30's, but is a really big deal for people under 20.