Is 2 months too soon to tell my boyfriend I'm epileptic?

I'm epileptic in case you don't know what that means I have seizures. Child hood, and grandmall. I was wondering if I should tell my boyfriend about it, or is it too soon? I know I can trust him, he's a great guy... I'm just scared how he'll react. Opinions ASAP? Thanks! :)

• U should tell him now!
  • Nah, too soon! Wait a little longer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm epileptic, and trust me it's better to be fairly upfront with it.
    Far better he know what it is than you go down before you tell him and he panics. Given you are young you might want to go through the basics with him: what to do if you fit etc. But don't make too big a thing out of it. If youve been together for 2 months and it's not been an issue then hopefully it's under control enough that it's not going to be something he deals with a lot.
    How are you on recovery afterwards? Slow recover can freak people out the first couple of times, but people get used to it.

• I mostly just sleep the whole time afterwards... At first, I'm not always able to recognize any family/ friends even when I'm concise. But usually, a day later I will be fine. And thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's a health concern, you ought to tell him sooner rather than later. Explain to him what to do if you happen to have a seizure and it should be okay. If he breaks up with you because of a health condition, you don't want him in your life anyway.

What Guys Said 7

• He needs to know now mostly because he needs to be prepared if you have a seizure. You don't want him flipping out not knowing what the hell is going on now do ya? Besides, it's not going to be that big a deal, he's going to be more concerned about you than anything else. in my opinion, these types of things just aren't that big of a deal and shouldn't have so much thought behind them. It is what it is...

• Tell him. Then explain it to him so he understands what it is. Probably most people don't know much about it. If you have a seizure while he's around he might freak and over react to it. So give him advanced warning, and let him know how to react (or not react).

• Will do. :) thank you.

• You need to tell him, he needs to know. If you have a fit and you have not told him he will freak out because he will not know what is going on. So you need to tell him. He will not leave you for this.

• I hope you're right! Thanks.

• Thank you and yeah both mine happened at work to.

• Oh... I've only always had them at home, thankfully! I don't know why but I guess I'd feel kinda embarrassed to have them anywhere else:/

• You should definitely tell him now! It's a pretty big detail not to know. I don't think it will effect your relationship, but it's definitely an important piece of information

• Yes, you're right... Thank you.

• Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of. You can't help it, and you should never feel like you need to keep it from people. I've had three heart surgeries and I'm only 16! I've come to the relisation that, while it may be odd, it's what makes me me, and there is no shame in it.
      Don't worry about what others think of your condition, if they truly love you it won't matter. I'm sure it will all be fine :)

• Haha, ya, I'm sure your right! Thank you! :) And wholey, smokes! 16? Wow! Your super brave. I hope everything is okay!

• You should tell him as soon as possible. he needs to know this

• If it is well controlled there is no reason not to tell him

• Good point, and thank you.

• There are meds you can take that will help control them. It's not curable, but thoe meds will help control the seizures

• Oh, and as far as telling him, you don't HAVE to tell him but, I would probably tell him sooner, rather than later, if you so choose to tell him, that way he knows what's going on, if it happens when he's around

• I'm on medication. It's very well controlled actually. I don't have seziures everyday...

What Girls Said 6

• Absolutely not. You should have already told him that. What would you have done had a seizure occurred in front of him? It's best for him to be prepared and not taken unaware.

• he needs to know this...
    what if something happens...

• What if you have one while you are with him? This is really something you should state at the very beginning of a relationship. Tell him how to handle it etc I'm sure it'll be fine

• Yeah... I hope so😁 and thank you😌

• I think u should tell him ^^ its not a bad thing and its not ur fault or smth so if u can trust him then go ahead sincerity is the best ! :) i also wish u can get well with time ♡

• Thanks so much! 💜😊

• You should because he will panic if you have one in front of him. Also it would be awkward during sex he might just think your really into it.

• Tell him because what if you have a seizure and he's the only one around.

• Yeah..

• He should know how to make sure you're alright and trust me, he won't think of you any differently. It's better he finds out by you telling him, than you having a seizure and him freaking out. My grandpa has had epilepsy for almost his whole life and he told my grandma and she always makes sure he's alright. If anything, he'll be able to learn what to do if you have one.

• Yes, and I honestly don't think he will either. I... I don't know... I guess it's just hard for me to maybe accept it or just hard telling him because I'm so insecure? 😕