Would u date a partner with depression, or other illnesses?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is... very vague.
    With depression... eh... I suppose I seriously can't say yes or no till I've actually met a person.
    I mean... there are people who on paper you SHOULD like but when you actually start dealing with them you just want to put as many doors , walls , mountains and preferably continents between you and him/her.

There's just no way to know for sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on the severity. If it was quite bad, no. Why? Because relationships don't fix mental illness, contrary to popular belief. Also, it isn't fair for someone to be emotionally compromised to enter a relationship where they can't give all of themselves. It quickly becomes the responsibility of the well-minded partner to keep the relationship going and to essentially care for the partner with the illness.

If someone has mental illnesses, they need to work on them before entering a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 5

• Yes I would, I could try to help them.

• Yes I would. I have plenty of my own so I can't expect him to be all perfect. Plus other people who have issues get my issues, so he can offer better support. I'm thankful to have a boyfriend like this. And though we go through some tough shit sometimes, it's worth it.

• if it's a partner, you already dating. And yes sure. As long as that person has the will to not give up and crawl out of the depression

• As long as they were a decent person and I was single and I really liked them, being around them, etc. Then yes I would date them :)

• Yes i would