Do teenage guys only date pretty girls?

all the ones i see at my school date the pretty girls, probably why im single ha. but i would like to turn over a new lieaf this year and go on a first date. im graduating in 2 years, im going to 11th grade this year. Im afraid guys won't like my because of my weight or cause im not pretty like the other girls.

1|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Lots of 'em do yeah. It's because it's more of a status thing in highschool. They love to brag to their friends about how hot their girlfriend is, and are afraid that they'll get made fun of if their girl isn't considered attractive by most. Not all hope is lost for you though. Eventually you'll get a boyfriend who thinks you are pretty. Also depends a bit on how picky you are with guys.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all guys do. In HS there were some who dated girls who wouldn't be considered on an equal level looks wise, but their personality was probably what made the difference to the guys. Goes both ways, if you really look around you'll begin noticing girls dating guys that make you wonder what she was thinking... yet those guys are really likeable and comfortable in theirselves. So you don't have to be the head cheerleader to get guys to like you.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• pretty is in the eyes of the beholder, there are girls who have had bfs who i wouldn't date (based on looks), and there are pretty girls i know that i would never date (based on personality). and there are guys who either dont care or prefer overweight girls. yo will be fine just be confuted and when u date be careful :) good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but, if you're not good-looking, of course you have to have other things to offer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ask out a guy then

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!