Why would a guy tell me he broke it off with the girl he was seeing?

I went on two dates with a guy, we chatted a lot and had an amazing time and connection. I know he was seeing someone that he wanted to break it off with but eventually he told me we were moving to fast. I did see him the other day and he was very affectionate with me. Two days later I get an email at 2am telling me he broke it off with the girl he was seeing. Didn't ask me out or call. Why would he do this?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He probably does want to go out, but doesn't want to make you feel like the rebound girl, :) so he probably wanted to let you know, that they're not together, so maybe soon yous could get together, and for you not to get into another relationship

• Telling you
    was to put you on ice, in case you were getting impatient enough to be making plans to leave him in the dust
    he's not sure what plans to make with you yet b/c this break up is in progress, full of emotions, smoothing things over with her, perhaps moving logistics, dividing things up and other time consuming to-dos that have no calendar but... in order to complete them all ASAP, needs an open calendar to GetRdone.

Think of his message as
    please wait for me
    the hurtle between us is almost burned to the ground

• Thanks for taking the time to write back. Honestly I am new to dating so don't even know what to make of guys. I interpret it as selfish. Especially since he came over and was rubbing my back and kissed my head, moved my hair out of my face and gave me a huge long hug goodbye. All signs of affection. Just no action. No calling no asking me out. So confusing. You would think the person is still interested but shows no signs beyond what I expressed.

• For the record. We spoke and he said he didn't mean to give me mixed messages. Honestly this one has problems. Was unreliable from the beginning and has no clue what he wants. Full of shit. On to the next one. I guess if there is a lesson is that actions speak louder than words. He was stringing me along from the beginning. All good. No shortage of DB's in this world.

• So sorry to hear!
      Glad you are now free to shop.