Guys, when should a girl give her boyfriend some space?

Hi there okay so my boyfriend is a little sick and when I'm asking if he is okay he ignores me should I give him some space or what?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone needs space. This is more true in a relationship. They're a lot of work and people can get overwhelmed with each other. But one of the big keys of any relationship is communication. To me, if someone wants space, it's perfectly alright and normal. What isn't, and not acceptable, is your boyfriends lack of communication. It is important that he expresses himself so you aren't left in the dark wondering if you did something wrong or if he's just having a difficult time. It's possible that while he's sick, he feels vulnerable and doesn't want you to see him in that weakened state. Some people don't like others to see them sick, I'm in a similar boat, but I always communicate that. While you want to help, he's pushing you away. Just give him some space and when he's better make it clear you would like him to express his feelings instead of just pushing you away. You want to know how he's feeling because you care about him, not the crime of the century. So encourage him to communicate with you often.

What Guys Said 5

• Tell him to call you if he needs anything but you will leave him alone so he can get some rest and you'll check up on him a few days from now.

• He probably either doesn't feel like responding, or maybe he's asleep. Either way, guys do need space from time to time. I know for a fact that I don't like to be constantly crowded. Sometimes I need some time with my best friend, and others I simply want to be alone. Just let him have a little alone time until he feels a little better. Good luck with him and I wish you well in your relationship.

• Any time he needs it. People need space sometimes if they're going to have a healthy relationship.

• He should not ignore you, communication is key to a real relationship.

• You know when I'm sick I don't wanna be bothered by anyone. I appreciate people wanting to help but really I just want some peace and to sleep. So don't take it personally. He just wants some quiet